Dark chocolate

There was once a time when I hadn’t had a taste of joy.
But I’ve found it now, and today---Dark chocolate.
It is ever so delectable.
How his eyes peer into mine sends my heart an extra beat. A taste of him is what keeps me up day after endless day.
He tastes so good---it is simply irresistible.
I should stay away, it is best for me---but being with him is a guilty pleasure, and once you get hooked, it is impossible to let go.
I think I’ll have some dark chocolate today.
And his dark chocolate eyes are all I need to feel overwhelmed with the sweetest joy I could ever feel. If I must stay away, he is bitter----and I want him even more.
His smile is full of light, but underneath, is the passion I need.
The fiery passion and our bittersweet encounter is what keeps me satisfied.
But once I’ve had a taste of dark chocolate….I only want more.
I keep holding back…But I’m seeing him in my dreams more often now.
I need dark chocolate; but even more so; I want it….I’m hungry for dark chocolate.
His love sends me spinning, and I don’t know if or when I will fall. But I’m willing to take the risk. We’ll just go in circles….until he keeps me steady. With just a glance or a word, time will freeze for just us only. And I am falling even deeper into his love….when will I ever have control?
But my heart is taking over, and the closer I get the more often my words of protest will come to a blur. He is all I need; all I want. I crave him much too badly.
I should stay away….But it’s getting harder with each sample. With each word, glance, conversation, and each thought that runs through my head…..I’m growing weaker.
Once you’ve had a taste you can’t resist.
Once I loosen up I can’t go back….but do I want to?
He’ll be waiting for my answer---and I’ll see him every day.
I could feel my breath slowing, the longing only growing….and everything else seems to blend in. Trying to hold back from dark chocolate is something I can’t bring myself up to.
Once I see him again, the cycle starts, and these emotions flow, renewed. They were never fully gone.
Ah yes. Dark chocolate is the best treat I have ever had.

bluebunny said...

This reminds me of the time I was in love with this boy...so exactly.

I absolutely adore this. 

Medina D. replied...
Sept. 4, 2011 at 4:03 pm :
Omg That means so much to me!! :] thank you

Odessa_Sterling00 said...
This, to me personally, seems like a poem.  I think it was very good.  Great job!  Could you check out some of my stuff sometime?