Sweet Poison | Teen Ink

Sweet Poison

By Jeessaayyx GOLD, East Boston, Massachusetts
Jeessaayyx GOLD, East Boston, Massachusetts

Do you ever get that unusual feeling? It’s a painful feeling; a feeling that you think will never bring to an end. The feeling makes your heartbreak into uneven pieces and makes you hear your heartbeat in your ears. It is a burning roast that rises through your veins in a split-second. A frosty chill runs down your spine, you feel like someone has just stabbed your back, legit. Everything in your body is dormant, even your thoughts. On that second, nothing feels precise; the world seems replica and everything so immoral… That feeling is another word for “Seeing the one you love happy with someone else, knowing they wouldn’t be happy being with you.”

I stared at the rain falling from the sky. The night was pitch black, the clouds dark gray, and the air warm yet icy at the same time. I began to get that feeling, the feeling of hate collapsed with love, and it brought a laborious memory.

We walked an entire afternoon on the beach. The beach was tender, its waves were relaxed and steady, the sky was red and pink, the sun was turning orange, the air was passionate, and the sand was cozy. I remember sitting on the old bench for hours and hours. We did not say much, it was mostly just body language but I still knew something was erroneous. It was something about the way you looked at me and the way your heartbeat sounded in my ear. I felt an emptiness feeling, an unknown, unreal, unexplainable emptiness. The sunset turned into a midnight blue darkness, the breeze felt cold, and the sun went to sleep crying. Something was wrong. Somehow, we ended up walking back to my house. The train ride back home was hushed and awkward, no words were spoken, is this a sign of a heart broken? After the long silent walk, he sat on my front door steps and I sat next to him. I leaned my head on his shoulder and his head on mine. My body shivered with fear. Then… he spokes the words.

"I don’t want to fall for someone who I know I won't catch… I like you, more than I should. I know that if I fall for you even more than I already have, when you fall for me as much, I won't be there like you were." He said hesitantly. My vision went black, next thing I know I was reliving every memory we shared. Everything happened so fast, I guess I forgot he was even there but I continued to pay no attention. A burning heat attacked my body; my head pounded like a hammer on a nail and my heartbeat cried in my ears. My vision was still memories but they paused on my favorite memory. The day you said…

"Nothing's going to change the thought and feeling of you and me. As bad as things get, I am still going to be the same person you met and love. Y ya tu sabes que Te amo ." … Then our song playing in my head;" No puedo olvidar tus besos mojados y la forma en que tu y yo nos devoramos. Esa noche en mi cuarto. Y la Luna fue testigo, el calor de nuestros cuerpos encontramos . "

I came back to life, back to reality. He gave me the last kiss, the kiss that took me to heaven but now brings me down to hell. The sweet poisoning kiss, the soft and gentle one. Gentle like a rose… a rose that is now departed and desiccated. I quickly went inside my house and smiled because at least, you were once mine

"The sweet poisoning kiss, the soft and gentle one"

introducingshelby GOLD, San Diego, California

"People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they go right, and things fall apart so better things can fall together."
-Marilyn Monroe

AAAAAW.

No, that was pretty sad.

I liked it though..