A Wedding Affiar | Teen Ink

A Wedding Affiar

By tinkerbell325 BRONZE, Vega, Texas
tinkerbell325 BRONZE, Vega, Texas

It was two in the afternoon on her wedding day when everything was going as planned, but within the hour frame the day would turn upside down. Claire was in her own room with her bridesmaid, Jennifer, and her mother getting ready for what was supposed to be the most exciting day of her life. As soon as Claire put her dress on, she looked in the mirror and gasped.

Of course she was nervous, and murmered to herself “Can I really go through with this?”

Her mother asked, “Are you okay? You look a little ill.” Claire shook her head and giggled, “Yes, I just need a minute.”

Through the window outside Claire could hear the birds chirping, the sound of the wind, and the smell of spring. That was then she knew that everything would be all right, and she loved her fiance with all her heart.

. . . .

While Claire was getting ready, Matt her fiance was in his room with his buddies. They were talking about when they were teenagers, the kinds of parties they went to, the places they hung out at, and what kind of music they listened to. Matt and three of his buddies had to go outside for fresh air. They left Collin inside on accident.

Claire’s mom and her friends left her room to give her a little space. Her best friend, Jennifer sneaked over to the groom’s room. When Claire was ready she slowly walked out and quietly closed the door behind her. She wanted to see matt for a minute, but she thought, Isn’t it bad luck to see the groom before the wedding?

Claire just could not wait, so she looked around to make sure no one was watching, took a deep breath, and opened the door. She gasped at what she saw, Jennifer and Matt together. At the interruption, they were scrambling to get up, backs to her.

Claire still stood there shocked and unable to speak, but whenever it all clicked in her head she ran into her room, locked the door, and sobbed. She felt like a huge weight fell on her shoulders and, she could not catch her breath. She thought, How could he do this to me, I loved him.

Her mother came to her room tried to open the door but found it locked, so she sat outside patiently and tried to calm her daughter while Claire explained what had happened. Claire could not take it anymore so she yelled at her mom through the tears to call off the whole wedding. Slowly, Claire got up, unlocked the door and let her mom in.

Some of the guests were leaving, but as soon as Matt heard the news, he rushed to her room and said, “Claire, I’m right here. I had to go outside for a minute, and it was Collin who was in the room with Jennifer, not me. I would never do anything like that to you.”

She stood there shocked for a little bit, but then realized he was telling the truth. Claire ran into his arms and she felt that peace, love, and full of life while he held her and told her he loved her too.

Her mom said, “Well, let’s get this wedding together.”