I Love You. | Teen Ink

I Love You.

By SabbyJoyLove BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts
SabbyJoyLove BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts

" Love is the only sane && Satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.."

I. Love. You.

Those words are strong declarations that you have spoken to me. They have made me despondent of my thoughts and misplaced my words.

I want to understand the meaning more, i need to understand it more. I seek to swallow in it's ways, the way it all works.

Though...i happen to be incapable of finding the explanation. I've come to find everyone is unable to find it.

However, i do have a conclusion. There is no explanation for love. And if there is, then no human is efficient enough to find it.

Our brains cannot find the meaning. It will never be possible in our time on earth. Nonetheless, the reason why we do "love" is because it's our sanity.

It's our cause of creation. We as human beings were meant to fall In- Love. Either we have, or will. There is no reason for it, No explanation, it just happens.

That is my conclusion. I. Love. You. Three small words put together to manufacture some big definition. So big that the definition is to never be understood.

It can only be felt with our hearts and minds. And to say it, you need full confidence. Only for those three words may be the most meaningful sentence you'll ever declare to someone.

Once that is accomplished and meant from your heart, then you know your in-love. So i guess needless to say, That was declared to me by the most important person of my life, and guess what? I said it back.

What inspired me to write this poem is actually simple.

I was saying ,"Good-Bye" to my boyfriend and right before he left he told me he loved me.
My younger sister (being 7 years old at the time) asked me, "Sabrina, what is love?"

Truthfully, I had no answer to give her. Later on that night, I couldn't sleep because I was starting to think that maybe I am not in-love. Since i can't even tell my 7 year old sister what it means.

So as usual i started writing, and what i wrote answered my own question.

And the best part is, that I was able to write that with no problem!

Roisin GOLD said...
Roisin GOLD, Peabody, Massachusetts
Oh my god, i can't even tell you how much i love this. I, myself have always searched for a better definition for the word "love". How there is even room in the dictionary for that word is beyond me because it is just such a fervant word, that simply cannot in any way be explained by more words. Anyways, this is amazing! Love it! 5 stars<3 keep writing (: