The Wonderful World of Love (continued) | Teen Ink

The Wonderful World of Love (continued)

August 5, 2010
By Leona123 SILVER, Kokomo, Indiana
Leona123 SILVER, Kokomo, Indiana
6 articles 1 photo 16 comments

Chapter 2

I raced down the school steps toward the figure that I knew was Jack. When he saw me he started running to meet me. When we reached each other, he swept me into his arms and started to kiss me.
Just then, an annoying radio talk show started in the background. My eyes popped open to a disappointing scene, my bedroom. It was just a dream.
I slammed my fists onto the mattress on each side of me. I looked at my clock; it was 6:30 a.m.
Crap, school. I thought. I quickly hopped out of bed and grabbed a tank top and some jeans and ran to the bathroom to do my morning routine.
When I was finished, I ran a brush through my soggy hair, and put in a couple clips. That’s as good as it’s going to get. I thought, staring at myself in the mirror.
I dashed down stairs and grabbed my backpack.
“See you Ma!” I called.
She just waved; still enthralled by her precious newspaper. I rolled my eyes and raced out the door.
As soon as I exited the door, a hot pink convertible pulled up to the curb. The red head in the front seat flipped her hair in the wind, and beckoned me forward. I shook my head. Gina, drama queen of Balboa High, I love her but not like that. She’s just my best friend. I smiled to myself and ran to the car as she got ready to honk at me.
She reached over and unlocked the door for me, and I hopped in.
“So, have you heard from Jack yet?” Gina asked quickly.
“Hmm, no Gina, We just met him yesterday.”
“Oh, right. I forgot.” Gina said innocently.
Sure. That’s like me saying that forgot that we went to the library last night.
“I’m sure you did Gina.” I said as we pulled out of my drive way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



School went by in a blur. Finally the last bell rang. I sprang up from my seat and hurried to my locker. When I closed the door Gina suddenly popped into my vision.

“Where are you heading off to?” She asked.

“Home,” I replied.

“Oh, I thought you were going to see the hottest guy in San Francisco well see ya.”

I nodded and left the building without further interruptions.

























Chapter 3

I was sitting on my bed at 12 o’clock in the morning, texting Gina, and absolutely could not sleep. When an engine coming down the street got louder and seemed to stop in front of my house.
What’s that?
I hurried over to the window. Looking down I saw the tanned face of Jack in the faint glow of the street lamp. He was smiling.

Chuckling, I quietly slid open the window, removed the screen, and slid out on to the porch roof.
“What are you doing here?” I asked after closing the window most of the way and moving out of the view of the window.
“I bet you weren’t expecting to see me here were you?”He asked with a smile.

I sighed “Well seeing as we’ve known each other all of 1 day, um, NO! And will you please answer my question.”

“I came by to see if you want to go to a club and get in a dance or two?”

“Sure, on minute please.” I turned around, opened the window, and crawled back in.
Quickly I ran to the closet, pulled out a one of my many semi formal dresses that I use when I go clubbing. This one happened to be a lime green strapless dress that was about halfway up my thigh, basically, a mini dress. Slipped it on, then ran over to my dresser, and grabbed the fake ID that I used to get in to clubs to go dancing.
“Ready?” He asked when I climbed back out of the square hole in the wall.
“Yeah.”
“How are you going to get down?” Jack asked.
“Leave that to me.” I called. Silently I went over to the side where the garbage cans were.
High heels in hand, I jumped down onto the boxes that were leaned up against the house. From there I hopped onto the grass and hurried to the motorcycle.
Jack’s grin lit up his face as he offered his arm for me to hold on to while I put on my silver heels.
“Thanks.” I said as I got on the back of his motorcycle. He handed me a helmet, I put it on quickly.
“Why do you have an extra helmet?” I asked
“It’s my mom’s. Ready?” he asked. I shook my head vigorously. “Good, Hang on!” With that, he fired up the engine, and I squealed as we took off at 50 MPH.


The author's comments:
This is a continuation of The Wonderful World of Love. I want to turn this story into a book so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Same for all my other stories.
A Writer Like You,
Lindsay