Broken and Lost | Teen Ink

Broken and Lost

I can greatly remember the way our love died... What a day. I thought it would be full of amazing memories, but I really just want to erase what really happened.

Not only do I remember that day. I remember every day. We've never been strangers. We've never had awkward moments. I didn't see it coming.

We we're infants who grew into toddlers. Toddlers who grew into children. Children that grew into the teenagers we are today. The same people we always were, just a new title and a few years wiser.

Most people grow apart, but no not us. Our love is like trees, it just grow stronger as time passes. Well that's what I thought.

I don't understand how one person can ruin almost 17 years of us growing together. We planned on forever and forever ended pretty fast.

We planned on having our four boys who had all separate interests, getting married in our families old church, living in an old apartment building near the water, and even dying in each others arms. What happened to that?

The only thing in our way was distance, but we have dealt with it before. I remember the day she stole your from me, like I remember the day you fell in love with me. It happened in a blink of an eye, we didn't talk for two days and your relationship status went from single to in a relationship. Since when do we use titles and lie to each other? I guess your not the person you always were.

I'm just going to have to stick it out and think about what you put me through when she breaks your heart and you come running back. But when you do, I will be no where to be found, just like how you made me feel. Broken and lost.