chapter six: fear

I had no answer. None.

"Will you let me explain?" I jumped and saw Aoran sitting by another tree to my left.

"Explain what?" I questioned, curling myself up and resting my forhead to my knees.

"Myself; so you won't be mad at me."

"Conceited much?" I muttered under my breath.

"I'm trying, Sophie."

"Trying to what?"

"Explain." I lifted up my head and looked at him. He sat cross-legged like a lovesick school boy. I put my head back down sideways- still staring at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Gerry did it."

"Did what?"

"He texted you that night- on prom night." No. NO, NO, NO! This isn't happening. Please, no. "I didn't do it. I never wanted-" I stopped his rush of an explanation.

"Why can't you just accept it?" I don’t want this. I don’t want him.

"What?" Aoran's questioning gaze looked into my eyes and I held it steadily.

"Accept that maybe I've moved on." I could push him away- far away. I could start over. I could do it. I could live without him.

He looked down at his hands and was silent. "If that's the case, then-"

"That is the case." I lied. I just wanted him gone and out of my life.

"Are you saying that you don't have any- at all- feelings for me?" In his voice I heard the pain I inflicted on him. I was sorry, but not that sorry.

"I'm saying that I want you to leave." The words hung in the air and even as much as I wanted to hurl myself into his arms, I had to say it.

He stood up and stepped closer to me. I looked up at him. "If I leave then that'll be one of the biggest mistakes of my life."

"And yet I still want you gone."

"And what if I don't want to go?"

I met his eyes and on the brink of tears I said, "Then I'll go." But my voice cracked and he heard it. He grabbed me and held me tightly against him. I struggled against his arm, but it was no use. Aoran had me and forced me to cry on his shoulder just like the first night he came back. He wouldn't let me run away. He knew me too well. He knew that I still loved him. He wanted me. Why else would he be here?

"Don't go, Sophie. Let's try again, please." He begged.

I didn't answer. I couldn't answer. I was still crying against his shoulder. His fingers ran through my hair and his other hand was locked around my body, holding me close to him. "I- I can't." I stuttered through my sobs.

"We've been together for three years. We can be together. Please." I looked up into his eyes and saw the true sincerity there. "I won't hurt you. I could never do that. I love you too much remember?"

I didn't want to say it. I didn't want to be pulled back into our love, but I couldn't stop myself either. "I love you, too."

He began to close in on me. He wanted to love me. He wanted to kiss me. But I pulled back.

“I can’t. I can’t do this.” I mumbled.

“Why not?”

“Because! You- you’re… your not supposed to be here.” I cried.

“But I am here!” he screamed at me.

“You should have left!”

“But I didn’t! I can’t! You’re here! Do you know how WRONG it feels for you to be here while I’m all the way across this darn country? I can’t live like that! I need to be here!” his voice lowered to a whisper as he held my hand with both of his. “I need to be with you. Can’t you tell? Can’t you see that I still love you?”

I could see it. As clear as glass, as clear as the cloudless night sky, I could see truth. But my fear was just as clear to me. And this struggle between Aoran and I was not between us at all. It was a struggle between his love and my fear. It wasn't a fight either. The winner, if there was one at all was just the person who lasted the longest.

Love that lasted this long and even longer was true enough. Fear that overcame it was true also. And I was scared. Scared of him, scared of myself and of the future that was in front of me.

“Yes,” I answered.

izzie99 said...
i love this! you HAVE to make chap 7!! PLZ!!!!!

wonderlandhaley said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 6:30 pm:
IS THERE EVER GOING TO BE A CHAPTER 7?!?!!!!!

leneypaniniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 1, 2011 at 9:49 pm :
because of your open persistence I finally took the time to open up a notebook and start writing:) so congratulations for being the most persistent fan I've ever had and i appreciate it because I haven't felt the feel of a pencil in my hand in that kind of passion in a long time. Well, I've submitted chapter seven and now we wait aha. When it comes out, I hope you'll love it!

wonderlandhaley said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 11:32 am:
i hate you SO mucg for ending it right there! :( i'm sad now.

wonderlandhaley replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 6:50 pm :
Please, please, please tell me there's going to be a Chapter 7, please?

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 9:11 pm:
OMG u really are an amazingg writer. plzzzz write some more of this story. im completely hooked

softballfreak42 said...
 SOOOOOOO GUD!!!!! RITE MORE!!!!!! =D

Kelz1141 said...
I would of liked to hear more of an explanation from Aoran, because he didn't really say what happened prom night and I think it was unrealistic for her to just not ask any questions.

Orlene L. said...

I really like your stories! You are very good. :) 

Do you mind reading mine? It's called "The Nightmare" and could you give me feedback. Thank you

again your stories are really good! keep writing 

freewriter_123 said...
Espically our story. I really want some feedback on that one.

freewriter_123 said...
I think you have a little more than eight. You can count me in and a bunch of others

Sept. 13, 2010 at 10:43 pm :
i can see your persistence:) lol. its nice to see a fan from across all my stories, which i hope you see is A LOT:) but i noticed u didn't read Not Again. I think you'd enjoy it. plz read! no one has commented on chapter two:(

freewriter_123 replied...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 5:26 pm :
ok I just finished reading both and commented on the 2nd. I really like them and think you should keep going. If you get a chance read and comment on mine plz

freewriter_123 replied...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 7:42 pm :
espically our story. No one has commented on either parts. :( I really would like some feedback.

Dawnheart said...
These are good! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Sept. 13, 2010 at 10:41 pm :
aww! thanks!! but if you could, while ur waiting for the next chapter to come out (lol) can u read my other story Not Again. there are two chapters and absolutely no one has commented on the second one:(

Lovely_Lauren said...
Aug. 22, 2010 at 3:01 am:
Okay. I just need to clarify... is there another chapter?? Because i love the other ones! You're an amazing writer... (:

Aug. 22, 2010 at 2:09 pm :
yes yes yes:) but i'm trying to write more.. its just somewhat hard haha, but in the meantime:) can u try to read other stories? i think u mite like one of my pieces called Not Again plz? 

Lovely_Lauren replied...
Aug. 22, 2010 at 10:32 pm :
yes of course! your're an amazing writer.. why not? (:

live.laugh.write said...
I really love these! I've read all of them, and I can't wait for the next chapter! :D