Pretty Eyes- Chapter 3

“I hate to break someone’s heart, but it’s Mitchell!” I complained to Marissa after school.
“I know what you mean. I have so many guys going after me, but I don’t like any of them!” Marissa likes our friend Mackenzie. He is he one of two guys in our grade that is taller than her. We were at the bus stop, and out of nowhere, Mitchell was there. This is one of the few times I have seen him not looking totally evil and conceited, and he was kind of cute. I could see why Nicole liked him, but I could never see myself with him. Ever. “Oh, speak of the Devil...” Mackenzie was there with Mitchell, but I was too infatuated with my shoes to notice. I hated being embarrassed like that.

“Oh, hey freak.” Mitchell said with a smirk, like nothing had ever happened in the hallway.

“Don’t be like that again Mitchell. I can see that you can be a nice person when you want to be. If you want to start acting nice, I’ll be cool with you. But if you are going to be the conceited person you have always been to me, just because I rejected you, I’ll just ignore you.”

“Alright, fine, freak.” He smirked again. “I choose... let’s be friends.”

“Cool.” All this time, Marissa and Mackenzie were staring at each other. I looked at both of them a few times, and yelled to him, “Oh, just kiss her already damn it!”

Jsweetness said...

haha that last line made my day xD.

but why does Mitchell agree to stop being a jerk so quickly? it's like "stop being a jerk." "aiight." Jerks don't stop being jerks just cuz you ask them too, regardless of their secret feelings for you. And I think she should feel alittle more awkward here. Once he starts acting like his jerk self, then she can toss him one of her famous Alexa-comebacks.

GzusFreak10 said...
I agree with KiraKira. I think it's a really fun line! I especially like Marissa in this story. Marissa is actually one of my favorite names! I've loved this story from the beginning. It made me laugh the whole way through! It's something one of my friends would write. I guess you share a brainwave or something! lol.

Meg-a-Random replied...
Marissa is one of my favorite names too! I was describing one of my friends when I said that she looks like a model. She doesn't believe me though! Idk why... That would be kind of funny if I shared a brainwave with one of your friends lol

KiraKira said...
Love that last part!!!!! :D

Meg-a-Random replied...
Thank you! It was kind of a random thought... I didn't know if it would work or not, so thank you. :)

KiraKira replied...
it works out perfectly! It's one of those lines that you want to shout at people in a movie, book, real life, etc., so it's awesome that you have someone actually saying it. It makes the situation more real