A Teenage Love Story 2

It was a warm June night, the sun just a glimpse above the horizon, with a slight breeze, brushing lightly against my skin. I could feel my dark brown hair flowing with the direction of the wind as i went round and round on the carousel. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft carnival music in the background of people talking and laughing. Even with my eyes closed, I could still see the joyful faces of children, their eyes wide with excitement, their parents watching them carefully and happily. I smiled, capturing the moment. I made sure to mentally write down all the details in my head, so I could retell it exactly to my parents. It’s been nearly a week since I last seen them and would be another month or two until I would see them again, although before leaving they made me promise to call them whenever I wanted but at least, once a week. Their 20th anniversary was last week, so as my gift, I decided to go stay with my aunt in California for the summer. As my mind drifted to my home back in New Jersey, I felt the carousel slowly come to a stop. I gently opened my eyes and let out a happy sigh. I laughed as I struggled to get off my carousel horse. Feeling dizzy, I went to find a place to sit. As I sat down on a nearby bench, my eyes swept the carnival for a corndog stand. Aha. Spotting one, I started walking towards it. Halfway there, knowing I was supposed to call my aunt at 9:30, I decided to see what time it was. I looked down in my bag and began searching for my phone. Suddenly, I ran into someone. “Sorr-“, I looked up unexpectedly into the striking blue eyes of a drop dead gorgeous stranger. He looked about my age, if not a year older and was an inch taller than me. No words could even begin to describe him.
My heart pounding, I tried to catch my breath. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any hotter, Gorgeous Stranger smiled, making his eyes twinkle and my conclusion rip into shreds. Finally catching my breath again, I tried to speak again. “Sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going, I….My…..Sorry” I stuttered. He laughed, and then smiled again. “Don’t be”, he said. Even the sound of his voice made my heart explode. He held out his hand. “I’m Jonah, by the way “I held out my hand, meeting his. My hand tingled. “Skyler’ I said back, matching his smile. “Do you live around here? I don’t think I’ve seen you around town before.” Deep breathes, deep breathes, I thought to myself. “N-No, I’m just visiting my Aunt for the summer. I live in New Jersey. What about you??” I asked. “I moved here about five years ago from Portland Oregon, so I’ve lived here for some time. How long are you staying with your aunt?” His eyes seemed to sink into mine; making it seem as though each thing I said really mattered. As if I really mattered. My heart fluttered as though it were a butterfly trying to escape. The odd, yet amazing thing was, that, even though it was breathe taking, I loved the feeling of excitement. I wanted to jump up and scream, as though a bubbly volcano had erupted. I could feel it building inside me, as his eyes continued to stare into mine. I loved the way he_oh, wait, he asked me a question. It was hard to concentrate on anything when I was staring at him. He was so beautiful, with th-C***, I was doing it again. Okay, Okay, answer the question, Skyler. “F-F-For the summer”, I said. Ahhhh! Why do I keep stuttering? He probably thinks I have a speaking disorder, I thought. He smiled again.” Cool, maybe we can hang out sometime. I could show you around town, if you’d like”, he said. Oh yes, Skyler would like, Skyler would like Very Much…. “Sure, that sounds like fun. When would y-“, I started to ask, but suddenly I was cut off. “Jonah! I’ve been looking all over for you pookie poo! “ I turned to see who rudely interrupted me, and saw a gorgeous blonde walking toward us with two almost as equally gorgeous girls, one taller, the other average height. The one who was taller was also blonde, but the average height one was a brunette. Judging by the way the gorgeous blonde was walking just slightly ahead of them, I could tell she was the leader of their group. And judging by the look she was giving me, I could tell she wasn’t too fond of me. Great, I already have someone who hates my guts. I sighed. Super. They all seemed to walk in unison, and as if they owned the place, like they were better than everyone else. Their eyes weren’t exactly friendly. As they got closer, I could see two guys with them, who seemed to trail the other two like puppies, obviously their boyfriends. I realized in disappointment that the leader didn’t seem to have one, but apparently wanted one, by the seducing look she was giving Jonah. My stomach turned. “Hey Tara. Hey Steph, hey Cammie. What’s up John, Caleb?” Jonah said to them all, giving me an apologetic look. So the leader was Tara, the two behind her were Steph and Cammie, and the guys were John and Caleb,I thought, hoping I could remember which is which. As they reached where we were standing, Tara went and stood by Jonah; very close, I might add, while the others sort of circled around. Tara wrapped her arms around Jonah. “Where have you been, we looked all over for you!” she said. She gave me a dirty look. “Who are you? C***. Someone call B**** 911. I smiled at my little snide comment, and was tempted to laugh when I saw that my little grin seemed to annoy Tara. Jonah, however, seemed to look amused again. With a deep breath, I told myself that I would remain neutral if anything should happen. At least for now, HeHe. “Hi, I’m Skyler. I’m visiting here from New Jersey for the summer.”Nice. I smiled to myself. Lets just hope I could stay calm for the rest of the night.

Iikeaa said...
I love THis Its Great

AquaMan said...
This is a good peice of work but it think it needs more action.

biddycakes said...
is there going to be more?

Justme replied...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 4:57 pm :
yep. I already posted it, but its takes a while for the website to post it online. Sorry its taking so long :)

Michelle G. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
ummmm when are u goin to right more?
its really good, but short

Just Me replied...
Oct. 23, 2009 at 6:47 pm :
Hey :) thanks for the feedback. Sorry its taking me long to come up with the 3rd part, im trying to make each part better than the one before it.. I am working on it though and it will be on soon!! By next Month at most!!! Thanks!!!!

erika4964 replied...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 1:06 am :
I is Now December are you going to wright more or what. Because this is so good I want to read more.

erika4964 replied...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 1:10 am :
Opps I mean : It is now December... Sorry.

basketball queen 22 said...
Oct. 22, 2009 at 9:57 am:
this was good but i want to know what happens next ... but other than that it was great!

Actresspoet123 said...
Oct. 20, 2009 at 10:38 am:
That is AWESOME!!! And so interesting! i want 2 read more!!!

<3::wish4wings::<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 20, 2009 at 10:26 am:
this is really good!
keep up writing. ur amazing:)

JustMe said...
Thaks for all these comments and veiws. I acnt decribe how great it makes me feel when i get on and see that i got anewcomments :) Thanks

dragonfan said...
I want to keep reading! This is truly amazing! I can't wait to read more!!! :) =)

caitt:) said...
woooow!!! this was really good i really liked it!!! :) you should keep writing!!!

TDawnF said...
Oct. 11, 2009 at 9:24 am:
This is really really good! i really really like this! great job!

JustMe said...
Hey!! Thanks for the comments :) i really appreciate them
Im working on the third part so it will be on soon hopefully
when it does it will be Teenage Love Story 3
by the way, let me know if when i put up the next part, whether i should put the first two, or just type the add on part
Thanks :)

jacqsyn replied...
Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:49 pm :
i think you should only put the add on part. it'll make it shorter.
i want to hear more!! you have a good way of making cliffhangers.
=)

dragonfan replied...
Oct. 14, 2009 at 7:33 pm :
ya i think you should just write the new part so we can read it quicker!! I cant wait to read the next part!

unwritten~loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
very intriguing! i want to knw more!

Ildi S. said...
wow tha was really great loved it!