A Teenage Love Story 2

It was a warm June night, the sun just a glimpse above the horizon, with a slight breeze, brushing lightly against my skin. I could feel my dark brown hair flowing with the direction of the wind as i went round and round on the carousel. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft carnival music in the background of people talking and laughing. Even with my eyes closed, I could still see the joyful faces of children, their eyes wide with excitement, their parents watching them carefully and happily. I smiled, capturing the moment. I made sure to mentally write down all the details in my head, so I could retell it exactly to my parents. It’s been nearly a week since I last seen them and would be another month or two until I would see them again, although before leaving they made me promise to call them whenever I wanted but at least, once a week. Their 20th anniversary was last week, so as my gift, I decided to go stay with my aunt in California for the summer. As my mind drifted to my home back in New Jersey, I felt the carousel slowly come to a stop. I gently opened my eyes and let out a happy sigh. I laughed as I struggled to get off my carousel horse. Feeling dizzy, I went to find a place to sit. As I sat down on a nearby bench, my eyes swept the carnival for a corndog stand. Aha. Spotting one, I started walking towards it. Halfway there, knowing I was supposed to call my aunt at 9:30, I decided to see what time it was. I looked down in my bag and began searching for my phone. Suddenly, I ran into someone. “Sorr-“, I looked up unexpectedly into the striking blue eyes of a drop dead gorgeous stranger. He looked about my age, if not a year older and was an inch taller than me. No words could even begin to describe him.
My heart pounding, I tried to catch my breath. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any hotter, Gorgeous Stranger smiled, making his eyes twinkle and my conclusion rip into shreds. Finally catching my breath again, I tried to speak again. “Sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going, I….My…..Sorry” I stuttered. He laughed, and then smiled again. “Don’t be”, he said. Even the sound of his voice made my heart explode. He held out his hand. “I’m Jonah, by the way “I held out my hand, meeting his. My hand tingled. “Skyler’ I said back, matching his smile. “Do you live around here? I don’t think I’ve seen you around town before.” Deep breathes, deep breathes, I thought to myself. “N-No, I’m just visiting my Aunt for the summer. I live in New Jersey. What about you??” I asked. “I moved here about five years ago from Portland Oregon, so I’ve lived here for some time. How long are you staying with your aunt?” His eyes seemed to sink into mine; making it seem as though each thing I said really mattered. As if I really mattered. My heart fluttered as though it were a butterfly trying to escape. The odd, yet amazing thing was, that, even though it was breathe taking, I loved the feeling of excitement. I wanted to jump up and scream, as though a bubbly volcano had erupted. I could feel it building inside me, as his eyes continued to stare into mine. I loved the way he_oh, wait, he asked me a question. It was hard to concentrate on anything when I was staring at him. He was so beautiful, with th-C***, I was doing it again. Okay, Okay, answer the question, Skyler. “F-F-For the summer”, I said. Ahhhh! Why do I keep stuttering? He probably thinks I have a speaking disorder, I thought. He smiled again.” Cool, maybe we can hang out sometime. I could show you around town, if you’d like”, he said. Oh yes, Skyler would like, Skyler would like Very Much…. “Sure, that sounds like fun. When would y-“, I started to ask, but suddenly I was cut off. “Jonah! I’ve been looking all over for you pookie poo! “ I turned to see who rudely interrupted me, and saw a gorgeous blonde walking toward us with two almost as equally gorgeous girls, one taller, the other average height. The one who was taller was also blonde, but the average height one was a brunette. Judging by the way the gorgeous blonde was walking just slightly ahead of them, I could tell she was the leader of their group. And judging by the look she was giving me, I could tell she wasn’t too fond of me. Great, I already have someone who hates my guts. I sighed. Super. They all seemed to walk in unison, and as if they owned the place, like they were better than everyone else. Their eyes weren’t exactly friendly. As they got closer, I could see two guys with them, who seemed to trail the other two like puppies, obviously their boyfriends. I realized in disappointment that the leader didn’t seem to have one, but apparently wanted one, by the seducing look she was giving Jonah. My stomach turned. “Hey Tara. Hey Steph, hey Cammie. What’s up John, Caleb?” Jonah said to them all, giving me an apologetic look. So the leader was Tara, the two behind her were Steph and Cammie, and the guys were John and Caleb,I thought, hoping I could remember which is which. As they reached where we were standing, Tara went and stood by Jonah; very close, I might add, while the others sort of circled around. Tara wrapped her arms around Jonah. “Where have you been, we looked all over for you!” she said. She gave me a dirty look. “Who are you? C***. Someone call B**** 911. I smiled at my little snide comment, and was tempted to laugh when I saw that my little grin seemed to annoy Tara. Jonah, however, seemed to look amused again. With a deep breath, I told myself that I would remain neutral if anything should happen. At least for now, HeHe. “Hi, I’m Skyler. I’m visiting here from New Jersey for the summer.”Nice. I smiled to myself. Lets just hope I could stay calm for the rest of the night.

MissyninjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm:
To me it seem like the beging of "The last song"'s story line but that is me. other than that it was pretty good.

pefectchemistryxo replied...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:44 pm :
its not anything like the last song...in the last song ronnie didnt want anything to do with will... and skylar clearly likes jonah alot so your wrong...btw i love the story so far! please keep writing so that we can all find out what happens next!!

hungergames_love said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm:
It's got promise, but it's a bit cliche. I've seen this storyline a lot before: nice girl meets guy, nice girl meets mean girl who also wants guy, mean girl threatens nice girl, nice girl teaches mean girl a lesson and ends up with the guy.

xelawriter97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 1, 2011 at 3:29 pm :
yup pretty much... but, just because it's cliche, people love it becuse it actually can happen

AnonymousKLM replied...
May 15, 2011 at 12:16 am :

Its a really good story, and shes pretty good at writing.

But it is pretty cliche.

*HINT: Try making something completely different next time with the story line, I bet it will be really good(:

eMiLyP replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 9:49 am :
It may be cliche, but it's more relatable that way. I loved it. : )

destined_for_fame replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 4:30 pm :
I just find it a little boring and predictable, that's all.

eMiLyP replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 5:06 pm :
I understand what you're saying. : )

candygirl1985 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 10:41 am:
It's an amazing story. Could you write a part 2 because it left me wanting more. I was searching frantically, hoping there was more to the story. I was really dissapointed when there wasnt. PLEASE write a part 2. !!!

JustMe replied...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 11:45 pm :

There is a 3rd and fourth part up. There under Tennage Love Story 3 and 4. :) and im sorry, i will hopefully get the other parts on, but it takes a while for the editors to actualluy post it online. Sorry for my inconsistance of posting more.

SongAway said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 3:48 am:
I agree with ArcaneGhost, it'll break it down and make it a little easier to write. It's still a great story though, I really enjoyed it.

ArcaneGhost said...
Feb. 16, 2011 at 7:30 pm:
All I ask is that you use paragraph organization. Please.

autumn said...
Feb. 16, 2011 at 3:48 pm:
hey carla whats upp

ArabQuest said...
Feb. 16, 2011 at 8:54 am:
OMG! I love it!!! Keep up the good work! :P

born_cr@zii. said...
Feb. 16, 2011 at 8:53 am:
Ohmygoodness. it's a great story!! I love it! I should be working on work here at school, but instead I read this story, See, I do love it! haha. but I think you left out a few words and in one part you put "breathe" instead of "breath" just sayin' keep it up

Emzzie Ride said...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 7:47 am:

Hey, I think your story was good, but not perfect. But hey, who's perfect? We're not pros at writing. We're not even authors. I invent my own stories too, but yours is much better. Keep on trying and don't give up!

Emzzie

Jenns_Ink said...
I love your short story. It doesn't matter that your story is all bunched all together. What matters is that you have a great imagination to come up with this incredible story.

JustMe replied...
Jan. 26, 2011 at 2:39 pm :
Thanks :) i really apreciate  your comment. I am trying to keep up and write the next piece...hopefully it will be soon, but i also write other stories

ashleyn said...
Love it! please continue it and post more soon! (:

Monjannah said...
Jan. 25, 2011 at 4:33 am:

Hey, is there coming more to this story? :) I like it

It's just sad if this is the ending. It's too suddenly! Hehe

penceyprep686 said...
Hey! I think it's great :) I can completely relate to Skyler. Actually, the same thing happened to me on vacation. Like almost exactly.