I Still Remember

do you remember that night when we went outside and watched the oranges, yellows, blues, and reds fade into gray and navy? do you remember when we walked through the fields of gold and green, barefoot and sticky and smelling of sickly sweet honey? do you remember when your voice, timid and warm like molasses, gave way to ringing laughter? do you remember when your whitewashed blue eyes were downcast and your feet were slightly turned into each other, sadness hanging like a heavy cloud all around you? do you remember when you dreamt of the endless expanse of the galaxy, and you felt more lost and small than you had in years? do you remember when i told you that you were infinite, took your wrists, and dropped kisses on every scar? do you remember when the steel walls were up, and you looked at me and said, “let me see you cry”? do you remember when i blinked rapidly the first time i saw you, and how my eyes burned as i likened staring at you to staring at the sun? do you remember our first kiss, slow and awkward and eager? do you remember the trembling of your fingers, and how they curled into fists when you tried not to hold my hand? do you remember the brush of my eyelashes against your temple, fluttering and rapid? do you remember when we felt so in love that not even the monsoons we laid ourselves out in could destroy us? do you remember our disintegration, subtle and painful and foreign? do you remember the night we said goodbye, our lips pursed together instead of against each other?

i remember.

dancer11srubin said...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 1:03 am:
this was so good, I've never been in love but I could almost feel what it must've been like

Writoholicdevika said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 2:30 pm:
Woah!
THis was awesome...
I loved the way you wrote it. It was "beautiful"
Really nice ! :)

alwer299 said...
Jan. 16, 2011 at 5:54 am:
that is soooooooo good. i loved they way it was written and how i didn't really have a happy ending but it still felt like the right ending.

starfishgurl said...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 12:16 pm:
i absolutely loved it. love, love, loved it! it was sad but beautiful. i nearly cried (i know i can get a little too rapped up in a story). anyways, i thought it was amazing. you have such talent. :)

SunshineGirl#15 said...
Love the short story. Funny it actually sounded like a song while I read it.
The last line about their lips,though,is really sad.

live.love. said...
very unique way of writing...loved it

KiraKira said...
This is so bittersweet! Love IT! :)

moomoocowsmoo said...
:( good though!!1 i loved it sorry about your..loss i guess.. :p i didnt know how to put it

vballerX13 said...
That was so cute. You should change it just slightly so it reads like a poem more, that would be so cute. I like it though :)

Sugar&Spice said...
That was a good story! It was sweet.