My First Kiss

By , Roselle, IL
We sat there on his balcony looking at the stars on a summer night. The night sky is pitch black, well is suppose to be, the stars make the sky brighter. All of a sudden his arm went around my waist and that shocked me. It was unexpected. I didn't know what to say. I turned around to find his shining blue eyes staring down at me. I was speechless. The love that was in his eyes, it made skin tingle in a good way. I was afraid what will happen next so I turned away and looked at the sky. "Hey is that the big dipper over there?" I asked. I really didn't see the big dipper I just wanted to say something to break that seemed like an everlasting silence. " No thats the not the big dipper." He said queitly and content. Then he moved the arm the was around my shoulders to my waste as he moved a little bit closer.I felt his eyes staring at me trying to read my expression, my mind. A shiver sped down my spine as he started caressing my back. I turned to stare back at him not expecting anything. Until he kissed me and his lips stayed on mine for what seemed like a forever. It was so tender. caring and soft. Just like what I hoped my first kiss to be like. When it was over I knew everything had just changed between us and that made me a bit scared.

choirchic said...
i wish my first kiss was like that but like emma in the hallway at school. not really romantic at all. this was really good.

emmatheballerina said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 11:07 am
that was really good. I wish my first kiss was like that. But mine was some ackward thing in the hall way at school! ya, real romantic I know!

rain-rain111 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I got my fisrt kiss on a dare to kiss my crush. lol. But when I get my first romantic kiss i want it to be like this

emmatheballerina replied...
wow. That would have been really awkward!! I pray for you for when you get ur real first kiss. Hopefully it will be better than mine!

Em H. said...
I LOVE THIS!!! That is such a good article! I felt like I was there in the moment. Keep going!!!!

beautyispower replied...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 12:09 am
I'm thirteen and I can't wait till something like this happens to me...but not too soon

~blueroses~ said...
I love it!
i want my first kiss to be like that...
i wish i'd had mine already!!!! god im 13 and i feel AWFUL that i havent been kissed yet.
but really, it was AWESOME! (:

neenee111 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you. I already had my first kiss I wish I could remember it. It was so long ago. But it's Ironic cuz im 13 too! lol

~blueroses~ replied...
haha! you're welcome, & good luck!!!

unwritten~love replied...
Oct. 27, 2009 at 8:35 am
LOL. I'm 14 and I haven't been kissed. Don't fret. It will happen soon.

kimmycakes replied...
im 14 and iv had my first kiss i really liked ur poem my first kiss was in a car not romantic at all :(( </3

Laughternchoclate replied...
Omg rlly? ppl wer i live, 13 is sooo young

BookLOver808 said...
loved it!!!!

bittybabe92 said...
this is nice

Katy Perry replied...
i agree very nice. and u should really right more

Thank you for liking this peice.

not-here54 said...
I feel like i was there experincing it. Very very good. I hope u get in the magazine.

Kc~to~thy~night~I~shall~belong said...
Beautiful, a true dream

Megan Anne S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
very very very pretty. How i want mine to be too.

Jacquelyn M. said...
love it, love it, love it! come back with more