Intensity

The tears poured off her eyelids; slid down her cheeks; fell to the floor. Slowly she sank to the ground, trembling slightly. Her breath came in deep sobs, wracking her chest. She barely had enough air. She did not hear the soft footfalls coming ever closer. She did not see him as he sat down next to her. She did, however, feel as his arm wrapped around her shoulders. Turning slightly, the girl buried her face in his shoulder. Her friend held her tighter, resting his head in her soft chestnut curls.

The two of them sat that way for what felt like hours; the girl sobbing loudly on the boy’s shoulder, the boy holding her quietly, steadfastly. Finally, the girl released her last tear. She looked up at the boy, eyes red from crying, cheeks flushed. He turned to her, a small crooked smile on his lips. To the girl’s surprise, tears were slipping down his face as well. “Why are you crying?” she asked softly, voice cracking. The boy considered the question for a second.

“I am crying because you are crying,” he replied truthfully as yet another tear trickled down his handsome face. His smile was still there, unwavering.

The girl stared at him with wide eyes. He stared back at her. A chill like an electric current flowed through both of them. The air around them tingled with static. Slowly, as if pulled by some invisible force, the two teenagers moved closer. Their faces were within a hair’s breath of each other’s. “Why me?” she whispered. “Why did you choose me?” Her eyes darted back and forth, looking for an answer written on his face. “You are the only one who’s real. The only one out of all those girls who knows what it means to truly love someone. Even though he broke your heart, you just keep going. I like that. I think… I think I may even love that.”

His eyes gleamed with a passion long suppressed. “I think I may love you.” His sweet breath lingered on her lips. The girl’s heart began to beat frantically, as if trying to keep up with her rapidly changing emotions. “I think I may love you too,” she admitted.

Without meaning to, the girl shut her eyes. The two leaned even closer, closing the gap between them. His soft lips pressed against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and his arms coiled around her waist. The kiss deepened.

Gently, they pulled apart. Both were smiling softly. “Thank you,” the girl said under her breath, so quiet that the boy sitting right next to her wasn’t sure he had heard her at first.

“For what?” She stared deeply into his eyes. He held her gaze, reciprocating the intensity. “For giving me a reason to live again. For saving me from falling.”

“Anytime. Thank you, too. Thanks for letting me in. Thanks for not pushing me away.”

At the same time, the two teenagers said, “I love you,” sealing their fate.

The two leaned in closer, their foreheads, then lips, pressing against the other’s.

doubleblacklover said...
its really beautiful but way to unreal.

Lindsey_O replied...
Dec. 11, 2010 at 10:47 pm :
Welll, thank you!! :)

Araya3895 said...
GWAH! Happy face! Well done!

Lindsey_O replied...
Nov. 19, 2010 at 2:22 pm :
^_^ heppeh face! hahaha x3 Thank you so much!

Manilove said...
this was amazingg. i loved itt

Lindsey_O replied...
Nov. 19, 2010 at 2:21 pm :
Thank you!! I'm happy you enjoyed it!

thisischriss said...
Truly amazing!  I felt as though I was watching this happen, I could almost feel the air and the surroundings.  You're an amazing writer, don't even give up for any reason!

snowanngel replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 10:09 pm :
wow!!! that was amazing!!! I could actually put myself there and feel the emotions they were feelong.. it was amazing

Lindsey_O replied...
Nov. 19, 2010 at 2:21 pm :
Thank you both so so much!!! :DD That really means alot! :) I'm really glad you guys felt like you did!! Thank you!

Berta said...
So sweet!  Loved it!

Lindsey_O replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 5:20 pm :
:) Thank you!!! Glad you liked it!!! :D

emmernemmer said...
SOOO GOOD! I really like the end.

Lindsey_O replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 5:21 pm :
THANK YOU! I'm glad you liked it!!!! :D Means a lot, thanks so much! <3

emmernemmer replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 5:58 pm :
ur very welcome :)

JoyW.C said...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 7:10 am:
wow i just wrote a story and i hope it has alot of comments just like yours! i think this story is brillant and has a lot of big words and details :D

Lindsey_O replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 5:23 pm :
(  '^_^ erm about all the comments.... About half of them are me.... Because I go through and thank every person for their comment.... >_<  So actually... this has about.... 115 comments, I'd say? Sounds about right....  )

But thank you so much for the comment!!! :D I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for the approval of detalis and word choice! <3 Thanks again!!!

cupcakegirl10 said...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 1:34 am:

OMGGGGGGG!!! :D :D

this is insaneee and cute and adorable and sweet and just AWESOME!! :)

im a sucker for love stories! :P

please keep writing!!!

Lindsey_O replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 5:25 pm :
XD oh wow!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! :D <3 That was so nice, totally just made my crappy day like a million times better! <3333 Thank you sooo much!!!!  :D And of course!!! I have like insane writers block lately, but I'm working on it!! :3 Thanks again!!

havingfunwriting said...
this is really good. i was writing something similar to this but gave up on it... now i think i'll try again. thanks for the motivation!

Lindsey_O replied...
Nov. 9, 2010 at 5:45 pm :
Thank you!! And I'm so glad I could help motivate you! I'd love to read what you come up with once you're done!! :D Thanks again!

purplechoc said...
i wish someone could keep me from falling