Pizza | Teen Ink

Pizza

By crushing BRONZE, Mt. Sterling, Kentucky
crushing BRONZE, Mt. Sterling, Kentucky

Pizza
Chapter 1
It was a windy day in the middle of Winchester, Kentucky. A man named Clark Huckleberry thought everything was right with the world. The trees were green. The sky was blue. His next door neighbor Oliver was old and always so cranky, yelling at his older sibling to go join the circus. Clark thought everything was just so perfect. Until...he sat on the couch to turn on the movie Barnyard on tv until he suddenly felt a grumble. It was not no ordinary grumble. It was a lound a roaring grumble. It was his stomach. He had never been so hungry. He went downstairs to his kitchen to look in the refrigerator for something to eat. There was nothing there. Then he desperately went to the kitchen cabinets to see if there was any food but there but there wasn’t any. He was starting to panic. He hadn’t had anything to eat in 2 hours. He was going crazy. He was bouncing off the walls going crazy because he couldn’t find anything to eat. When he just got done writing his will because he thought he was gonna die, he saw a sign that said “Get your fresh hot pizza at Papa Johns”. Clark was so excited. He ran down his apartment stairs with joy.
So after he stepped outside the door. He immediately ran to his bike and peddle as hard and as quickly as he possibly could. This was the happiest moment of his life. Except when he beat level two on Super Mario Brothers. When he was on his way to Papa John’s, he got caught up in traffic. He was on his way when he all of a sudden came across a wreck. It wasn’t no ordinary wreck. Cars were flipped upside down and on top of each other. In fact, one of the cars was in a big oak tree. The police said that it would be about 2 hours or more until they could get all of it cleaned up. But that wasn’t gonna stop him. So he went a different route. He went around the road. As he was going the other way, he kept seeing signs and posters of papa John’s pizza. He kept seeing more and more signs. But as he came across the last sign, he eventually just stopped and went on the side of the road and said “Dear Lord, please please please let me eat something. I would love it if I got to eat some pizza. Amen”. Then, he opened his eyes and saw a sign that said “ Papa John’s pizza in two miles.” He was so happy he could finally get something to eat. So he hopped on his bike and peddled faster than he had ever peddled in his life. When he got there, he ran into the restaurant. He was so excited. But when he got inside, there was probably at least ten people in line. He was so mad.
After about 15 minutes of waiting to order, he finally got up to the front of the line to get his food. He finally got something to eat.

Chapter 2
Clark Huckleberry was sitting on his couch watching the movie barnyard. Today wasn’t going good for Clark. He was becoming very hungry. He had nothing to eat at all today. He went to his kitchen to look in the refrigerator for something to eat. But there was no food. Then he went to the cabinets to have a look but he was out of luck. So he went back into his living room and looked through a magazine to see if there was any place where he could get any food. But there was no place. When he thought he was out of luck, he saw a place which was papa John’s. So he called over there and said that he needed a pizza. But the people taking his order didn’t understand Clark and Clark didn’t understand them. So he just hung up the phone up.
After a few hours of watching barnyard, Clark called back the pizza place to see if someone else would answer the phone. But, the same person answered. So Clark’s plan to order pizza wasn’t going well. When he ordered again, he knew that she was speaking another language. He took a guess and thought it was either Spanish or Chinese. So he went to the library to look for a book that translated one of the languages. He looked all over the library. Then, he found one after he looked for one forever. It was a chinese book. After he went to the library, he went all over town looking for a spanish book. But he was out of luck. Clark went home and immediately went to his bedroom and started reading.
After Clark read about two chapters in his book, he called back to the pizza place to try and order his pizza. The women sounded really confusing. He tried ordering it but the women just couldn’t understand. So Clark just went down to the pizza place to get it. Clark was more stressed than a teacher doing lesson plans.
When he got to the pizza place, he went inside to order his pizza. The line was a bit long, so he pulled out his Chinese book and looked through it in case the same person was taking his order. When he got up to the front of the line, a lady was coming up to take his order. Clark had hoped that the same lady wouldn’t take his order. But it was the same lady. So he pulled out his book and tried to order. When he thought that it wouldn’t work, the lady started understanding him. So Clark ended up getting a pizza that day.
Chapter 3
Clark Huckleberry was sitting on his couch. He had just gotten done watching Barnyard. Clark had been very hungry even though he had eaten 2 bags of popcorn, 1 box of cereal, and a six pack of cupcakes. He decided that he could have something delicious. Something cheesy. He decided that he could go for some pizza. So he went to go get his keys when all of a sudden, he got a phone call from a company who flies air planes. He told Clark that he had received a free plane ride. Clark was excited because he had never rode in a plane before. As he walked out of his apartment, he thought about if he would grab him something to eat on his way over to the airport. He decided to not get anything. He assumed that he would get something before he got on the plane. On his way there, Clark had to go to the bank and get some money incase he had to pay the people.
When he got to the airport, he went to a man named Lucas who was the one who offered him the free airplane ride. When they got on the airplane, Clark was a little nervous. But when the airplane took off, he was extremely nervous. As the plane was getting higher, he was getting really scared. He had never been more scared that day. But when he got really high up in the sky, he felt a little bit better because he thought the view was unbelievable.
When he was finally adjusting to the plane ride, Lucas came over to Clark and asked if he was ready to jumped. Clark was really confused. He told Lucas that he was offered a free plane ride. Lucas said that he also was offered to skydive for free. Lucas told Clark that if he didn’t skydive, that he would have to pay the full cost to have a plane ride. Clark was really nervous and mad. Before he jumped, he called into Papa Johns and ordered a pizza and told them to take it to his house so that he would have something to look forward to if he survived. So he ended up jumping out and survived. When he got down to the ground, he made a promise to himself that he would never go in a plane ever again. So when he got home, he found his pizza that he ordered. So that’s how Clark ordered a pizza in an airplane.

The end  

In this writing piece, I tried to write about somethng funny. I got inspired to write this because my class said they thought I should write about this.