Death Row | Teen Ink

Death Row

"Oh sh@#," said Emiel, "what's goin' on i don't wanna die here, not here man" " It's all right man we're gonna be just fine!" I exclaimed." Nah man it's not alright, all our friends are dyin' and we're...", "shut up Emiel they'll find us", " No listen i can't hide while our friends are being slautered come on let's help them." and after that it was like i didn't know him anymore. I had never seen this fiercness in him before, he had always been layed back and now i saw he would do anything to avenge his family (his gang). they meant everything in the world to us i was just tryin' to keep us, at least, alive. I could see now that he wasn't going to wait for my permission so i said "all right let's do this but, if we're gonna' do it we're gonna do it right we have to pick those pigs off one by one," i pulled out the gun they handed me a few days after i had been jumped in, it was only a few months after i did that Emiel got in, any way the gun had only been for precautions cuz' we never really got into any rumbles it was all just turf ya' know and we weren't like the other gangs we just had a gang to have fun with the girls and hang out when our familys got sick of us, but if it got down to it we might have to help the president, get more turf or protect our own from other gangs or police. And we were still a gang so police were always on us ya' know. and the police had had enough of our stealing and this time they brought everyone once they knew where we were, because i mean we didn't eat air so yeah we stole a little, and maybe killed a clerk or ten, so back to the story. Emeil caught my drift and he also thought it would be better if we stayed hidden and killed them. " okay on three well go, see ya' at don's pizza house okay that's if we make it out of here." "okay Nico i always wnted to tell you that you were like the brother i always wished i could have and whatever happens i want to give you this." and he got out his most treasured carving knife and put it in my hands and paused then said "one, two, three" with his little smirk. i never thought that after that i would never see him again. "okay" i said to myself " let's do this" and as i hid in the darkness i picked 'em off one by one. And in the corner of my eye i could see Emiel walking right towards them and he killed about 10 of those officers and took 2 bullets in the chest for every one he killed i couldn't help the rage that filled me as i ran through the cover of the forest and shot wildly at them. I killed every last one of them. after, i went to his body and vowed to do everytihng Emiel had ever dreamed of doing and rebuilt our gang in his name. We took over every thing as the years flew by and i never forgot Emiel and his courage.

i had always been facinated about gangs but over the years i learned there's nothing good about gangs and my family has learned that the hard way amd i don't ever want to make the mistakes my brothers have

on Oct. 13 2020 at 9:44 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

that was hard to follow, especally whos who.

on Jul. 7 2019 at 2:45 am
ellarobiinson BRONZE, Sydney, Other

“No hope without faith, no faith without hope, no love without trust, no trust without love. Remove one and the entire human house of cards collapse.”
-Rick Yancey, The Infinite Sea.

Ooof this is striking.