RED CANARY 94 HUT! | Teen Ink

RED CANARY 94 HUT!

By bailz_ BRONZE, Alva, Florida
bailz_ BRONZE, Alva, Florida

Do you know what I like about Mondays? Nothing. There's really nothing special about them. They begin the week, and a bad Monday can ruin the whole thing. And me, a 'pessimist' as many call me, while I prefer to call myself a realist, can usually ruin a Monday pretty easily.

I should probably introduce myself, right? I mean this is my story you're reading. Or is it a story? Maybe it's a diary, or maybe it's like a blog. Anyway, moving on. My name is Corey. I'm 13 years old, and I am currently single, not looking, and un-popular. I'm not a nerd, or a prep, or a Goth, or any other common labels. I'm maybe a mixture? I've been labeled a lot of things. I have a pretty average life, not that exciting, not that boring. But one thing is for certain- I do NOT like Red Canary. You'd have to keep reading to understand. You'd have to know the people at my school, and the school.

It's your average middle school; Mean teachers, boring classes, hard homework. You've got the Goths, the Scene kids, the rednecks, the nerds, the preps, the clingy wannabe's. But sometimes there are people who flit from group to group, and when that person is as 'amazing' as everyone says they soon become popular.

Yes, you guessed it. There is someone like that at my school. Her name is Sarah, or, as we prefer to call her, Red Canary. Because with everyone liking her, you wouldn't want to publicly trash her, unless you want to 'start shizz with her again bihh, my friends will fuhh you up again, just like last time.' Doesn't she sound lovely?

Well anyway, back to Mondays. I last through third period, without much hassle. Then in rolls fourth period. Usually it's not that bad. These days I have been trying to 'turn over a new leaf' and stop being such a pessimist. So, I walk in, and this is what I hear,

'Chad! If you go get my stuff I'll love you foreverrr!' says Sarah.
'Okay,' says Chad. Chad is not the type of guy to get someone's stuff, let alone do it without fighting. But, this is the kind of stuff she does to people. Now, I wish I could tell you I've stood up to her before, chewed her out for being so flirtatious all the time, and stringing guys along like they're lovesick puppies, but I'd be lying. I do not stand up to her. I sit back and let it all happen. Let my friends get strung out on a line by her and then turned down. I want to, don't get me wrong. I just don't feel like being humiliated and hated by the whole school. So I let it go on, and on, and ON, all the while wishing I had the courage to tell her she's got to stop.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
- This was something based off of my experiences. I really don't know how to make a story out of it. It's kind of like a diary-slash-short story? Anyway, this is what I have so far. Hopefully I can keep working on it and actually get a point across somewhere.

This piece was written by me, because I have been experiencing some of the issues written in here,
and I wanted to write about something that I hope people can relate to.