In Focus | Teen Ink

In Focus

By savannah-jane PLATINUM, Soooomers., New York
savannah-jane PLATINUM, Soooomers., New York

The Nikon 360 is draped around your neck. Hovering in the air, an awkward angle, trying to get the perfect shot. Focusing in and out, in and out. To zoom or not to zoom.
Your finger lingers over the button that predicts the future... do you press it? What if it turns out terribly? All that time and effort wasted. And yet you press it anyway, to see if maybe, just maybe, something good will come out of it. Inhaling a deep breath, you dip your head through the strap of the camera, shaking your hair out. Clicking the review button, you are secretly entwining your fingers in a cross. You're not all that superstitious, but at this moment, everything counts.
And you take one look at the picture before you on the tiny screen, relief looming over you. It's absolutely fine. Even better than fine, actually. Amazing. Definitely worthy enough of getting into Brooks Institute.

In Focus.

on Jul. 4 2016 at 2:45 am
Lord.of.Words SILVER, Cupertino, California

"The harder you work, the luckier you get." -Gary Player

I often have this feeling as an artist/photographer. You captured the feeling well. ;) Good job! Can you please read and comment on some of my work? It would mean a lot to receive some feedback.