Bored | Teen Ink

Bored

By Sincerely,_Anonymous SILVER, None Of Your Business, New Jersey
Sincerely,_Anonymous SILVER, None Of Your Business, New Jersey

My favorite quote of all time is said by Dumbledore in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". It is,
"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?"

If you go and look in the dictionary, and look at the word apathy, you’ll find exactly how I feel right now about pretty much everything. I really don’t care. At all. You can badger me to do something all you want, but I won’t move a muscle except for my tongue so I can stick it out at you. I’m just bored and that’s fine by me. I don’t feel compelled to do anything and even if I were, there’s a 70% chance I still wouldn’t. I just feel lazy today. You’re obviously deluded if you think I’m even going to move from my bed. I’m tired, bored, and do not care. Any sort of doing anything is just deplorable. Except, of course, reading. Reading is the only exception. My mind isn’t so derelict that I haven’t the sense to read. Oh, and drawing. It won’t be detrimental to my health to draw. No, of course not. And obviously, card and board games mustn't be forgotten. There is such a great diversity of them.

Writing as well. Yes, writing, too, is a fun activity. What a way to emit my feelings. Exercising, as well, would do a person no harm. Also, decorating rocks to be your little inanimate friends is quite fun as well. I do not lack the incentive to hang out with my friends, either. If they answer the phone to talk, it is usually a good omen. Inventing a mythical species fosters the imagination. They can have nimble flippers or toxic stingers, as long as you invented them.
Wow. I guess I’m not actually that bored. I just did, like, eight things after saying I wouldn’t do anything. Huh.

This is a piece I wrote for English class where we had to use these words:

Apathy, badger, compel, deluded, deplore, derelict, detriment, diverse, emit, inanimate, incentive, omen, species, foster, and toxic.

This is what happened.

on Jun. 20 2016 at 11:41 am
Any sort of doing anything is just deplorable.

Helly said...
on Jun. 20 2016 at 10:06 am
The line that made me laugh out loud: "You can badger me to do something all you want, but I won’t move a muscle except for my tongue so I can stick it out at you."