Shakes, Quakes, and Stomach Aches | Teen Ink

Shakes, Quakes, and Stomach Aches

September 20, 2015
By mems.victoria BRONZE, McMinnville, Tennessee
mems.victoria BRONZE, McMinnville, Tennessee
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

The deepest pit in my stomach grumbled with such ferocity that I felt the ground beneath me tremble, and the shocked faces around me turn, horrified at what had just come from my body. Yet, I could not help it; my tummy had been deprived of a juicy burger, topped with perfectly sliced cheddar cheese, cool condiments such as ketchup and mustard, starved of a plate filled with slimy noodles that sliver down your throat followed by a sauce that reminds you of your mother’s cooking, a crunchy taco that whispers wonderful secrets to your tastebuds, lovingly sending its wonderful beef, cool corn, and melting cheese down your neck to warm your stomach, a simple bowl of cereal that drowns in milk turned chocolate by the delicious coco puffs that have captured your heart and left you always wanting more. I was deprived, and so my stomach shook, eating the silence away with my grumbles. So they stared.


The author's comments:

This goes out to all those who have been in a quiet area, only to have their stomachs decide to be obnoxious and noisy.