Shark Tale | Teen Ink

Shark Tale

By Kittykat107 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Kittykat107 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

You don't need make up. Your beautiful. Unless your ugly on the inside, so eat the makeup. <3

When I was four my dad took me to see Jaws. That was when my passion for sharks started and I wanted to see it in real life. Real sharks, killing real people, but no one could know!

I like sharks. I always have, how they rip their prey to shreds, how the blood dyes the water and their last blood curdling scream, music to my ears. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not insane, but I like to feed people to sharks just as a hobby. It’s fun to see them jurk in pain. When their arms or legs twitch upon the first bite is the best. And if they wake up the expression on their face is priceless! And the police don’t even think it was me, they think it’s an accident.                                                                                               

The “specially” chosen people all go out the same. When their food out I put something in it ( My dad owns Rockey’s Beach Side Bar). When they go to leave and pass out I drag them to the boat. Then I head out into the dark waters. Once I’m far enough out I make them more “appealing.” I cut up their arms and legs up a bit then wait. And they come, small black triangles jetting in and out of the waves. As they eat, the water quickly turns a dark red. “The frenzy lasted extra long tonight, maybe they like the taste of soda” I thought outloud. “Maybe I should aim for people who order that?” When I got the boat tied up it was around 1 am. “Good mom and dad are still at work, I can sneak upstairs.” I went to bed and dreamt shark dreams, good shark dreams. The next day a police officer came into the restaurant while I was wiping down tables. “ Crap, stay calm, he can’t know”, this was repeated over and over in my head. First he went over to my dad and showed him an old photograph. Dad nodded then pointed to me. I went as white as a ghost. He slowly walked over to me and said

“Hey son have you seen this man, we can’t find him.” I shook no. He bought it! This was the first time the police came. I covered my tracks, I lifted him up high so he didn’t make tracks in the wet sand. I was strong, I could lift someone 5x my size.

Later that night, a man came into the restaurant. Perfect the sharks will love him! He was a short pudgy man, and he even ordered a meal and soda. So I waited for the right time to strike. When his food was done I sprinkled it with something and sent it out. He took a few bites then stepped outside for some fresh air. When I went out a few minutes later he was flat on his back in the sand. I smiled to myself. I picked him up and dragged him into the boat, he groaned as his head bumped the side of it. I started the motor and headed out into the calm waters. I stopped the motor. Then I heard someone mumble

“Where am I? YOU!” He grabbed me, he was a lot stronger than I thought.We struggled a bit then, I cut my hand on the side of the boat. My eyes watered up for a few seconds and he pushed me into the cold water.

Blood seeped into the dark water from my left hand. I flailed frantically in the cold water. The water was turning the color of cherry Kool aid, my favorite. I knew they would come, just not that quick. The black triangles jetting through the water. 100 feet away. 50. 10. They were circling me now.
I kept saying, “Hey fellows, remember me?”

“I must be dead” I thought. I could only see a fuzzy black mist. My head felt like it was being pushed in. “Is this what it’s like to be dead” I said out loud.There was a ringing in my ears. Like a small beeping. Then I noticed it was getting louder. I was blinded by a bright light. It took a while for my eyes to adjust. “Is this heaven, I mumbled? I looked to my right and to my left. There was a strange machine, that’s where the beeping was coming from. “Ma’am we assure you, he’ll be OK!” I looked were the voice came from. My mom and a man in a white lab coat were standing above me. I was alive! I tried to give her a hug, but for a strange reason I couldn't move. I looked were my arms and legs should be, but all I saw were blood soaked bandages wrapped around nubs. Whoever did this to will pay!

I really like sharks so in class I wrote this short story. It was inspired by the movie Jaws.