Cold Death | Teen Ink

Cold Death

By infinitskies BRONZE, Beijing, Other
infinitskies BRONZE, Beijing, Other

In...Out...In...Out...
        She could feel her heart pounding faster than the speed of sound...
        In...Out...In...Out...
        Faster than the speed of the ticking noise of the watch on her wrist...
        In...Out...In...Out...
        She tripped over a thick twig lying on the ground and fell onto the grassy plains. In front of her was a misty forest. It was the only chance she had if she wanted to continue to...
        Slowly, she got up to her feet and attempted to stumble towards the closest tree, but to no avail. She sighed, and concentrated on each step that her legs had to take...
        Left...Right...Left...Right...
        Trying not to think about the horrors of the mysterious creature steadily prowling behind her...
        Left...Right...Left...Right...
        Trying not to imagine what horrible death awaited her...
        Left...Right...Left...Right...
        Trying not to feel the excruciating pain of the gaping wound on her leg...
        Left...Right...Left...Right...
        Trying not to feel the warm yet cold trickle of blood running down her thigh...
        Left...Right...Left...Right...
        Finally, she had reached the tree on the edge of the perilious-looking forest. She turned around, only for her eyes to meet the murderous ones of her predator...
        Grabbing hold of the branch, she hoisted herself up using only her arms, leaving her damaged legs dangling towards the ground. The monstrous beast snapped at her furiously, determined to get a bite of her bleeding flesh.
        "Is this where I'm going to die?" she thought to herself. Well, maybe it was. But she didn't want to. She wanted to live on. To drive the beast away and survive and go back to her home. New determination coating her pain, she struggled to reach the next branch. Unfortunately, she had forgotten that her legs were badly hurt and were still very weak, despite the firm resolution she had. They gave way and she fell all the way down onto the grassy plains. The beast, satisfied, opened it's mouth wide, revealing rows of sharp white teeth.
        "No," she thought to herself. "No. I have to live...I have...to..." All went black

Deathly story...Enjoy!