Wanting you | Teen Ink

Wanting you

By Chelsea_Graap GOLD, Preston, Iowa
Chelsea_Graap GOLD, Preston, Iowa

love always finds its way in your heart

As I sit here listening to Remember Sunday by All Time Low I think of you. I don’t know why but I can’t stop thinking of you. The way you act. Your goofiness, I love it. Just the way you are. I stare into your eyes they twinkle with a tear. You look away. You have a boyfriend and I have a girlfriend. It kills me seeing you with him. I hear what you say about him. Why are you with him? I know he’s nice and he’s good for you.

I don’t know if you like me the way I like you but I hope. I know it’s wrong but I do and I love my girlfriend more than anything. But you are my everything. I trust you with all my secrets. I’ve told you things no one else knows. I know when you kissed me those times you were probably just joking around but I meant my kisses. Your lips were soft and I can’t stop thinking about that but I don’t get the same feeling when I think of your kisses as I do to when I think about my girlfriends kisses.

I love you both so much but I doubt myself. I’ve had the hugest crush on you from the beginning but I know my girlfriend loves me and I love her. I’m torn. I don’t know what to do. The only person who could help me is you but it’s about you. I want to tell you how I feel but I can’t. I don’t know why I can’t.

That night at the fair. Your boyfriend was right there and you were joking around and you proposed to me and we were laughing and you kissed me as a joke but it put me in a fog. I was waiting the longest time for a kiss from you and I got it. He didn’t see so you did it again. He still didn’t see. So you did it one last time. I think he saw.

Then at the bombfire. You were getting tired of your boyfriend and you were hanging out with me a lot. We were sitting in chairs. You said “Do you want to kiss again” and I said “Yes”. So we kissed again. No one saw so we kissed again. This time people saw and I truly felt something. I looked in your eyes. They are beautiful.

You were sad. It was painful watching you be sad because I just wanted you to be happy. That’s all I want you to be. I could hardly ever get you alone because your boyfriend went everywhere you did. And every time I did get you alone and I was about to tell you someone would show up and I would eventually walk away.

So here I am sitting here writing this. I don’t know if I will ever show you this. I’m not sure if I’ll ever tell you how I feel. Still listening to Remember Sunday and thinking about you. I know it’s wrong but it feels so right. All I want to tell you is I love you.

this is how i truely feel about one of my friends and this is my situation

britbrat112 said...
on Jun. 29 2012 at 10:39 am
britbrat112, Dubuque, Iowa

"Love me for Who I am, Not for What I look like." "Don't hate the Player, Hate the Game"

I really like this piece. I love the emotion and thought you seem to have put into it. I don't really have any suggestions, except...maybe try to add more to it.