Russian Roulette

By , Amarillo, TX
I looked at the black gun sitting in front of me. Beads of blood dripped from my forehead. There were only three bullets left and one of us had to die. I slowly put the barrel to my temple and pulled the trigger. There was a soft chick, but fortunately I did not get the slot that had the bullet. I slid the gun to the man sitting across from me. He picked up the gun and pulled the trigger. Bam! I looked away from the bloody mess in front of me. No matter how many time I played I never got used to it. I quickly got up and accepted my winnings from a rather chubby man at the door.
Some may call what I do disgusting and sick, but for me it’s a lose, lose situation. Ether I die trying to pay off my ex’s gang. Or I die because I didn’t pay off his gang, and something makes me think his gang will not give me the quick death of a bullet through my brain. I reached up my hand and wiped the blood from my fore head. I always sweated blood when ever I played. I turned the corner and handed the pile of money to a man dressed completely in black.
He slowly counted it and smiled a yellow tooth smile “Just think lovely, only two more games then you’re off the hook.”
“If I last two more games.” I shot back
He laughed “Lets just hope that you do. It would be a shame to loose that much money just because you can not find a safer job.”
I rolled my eyes and walked home. I threw my stuff down and lay on the bed burring my head in a pillow. “Just two more games.” I thought “Them I’m free.” I could never have known how wrong I was.
A nock on my font door woke me up. I shook my head and looked out my window. It was dark outside again. I had slept for the whole day, and now it was time to go to my next game. I got up and whipped the dried blood from my forehead. I walked to the door and opened it to the familiar face of the same chubby man who had given me my money last night.
What was he doing here? He should have been at the house where tonight’s game was supposed to take place. I glared at him an old habit I had take up ever since I started the roulette business. I was about to slam the door shut when he pulled out a gun and shot me in the head. I died quickly and I don’t remember any horrible pain, just fear.
But I got him back I made sure my ex found out who had lost him those last thousand dollars, and let me tell you his death was in no way painless.

Mahart21 said...
I am wrighting a book and will post the first chapter if y'all would like.

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked the story but, I was kind of disapointed at the end. This story is deffinitly a cook idea though and you should add more to it. Good Job!

Mahart21 replied...
Thank you:)

manga_maniac said...
This is a really cool idea, i liked it overall but i think you rushed the ending. i'd have liked it better if you drew it out longer. Keep writing! :)

Mahart21 replied...
Thank you :)

Regs_the_Shorty said...
It was overall very good. Just make sure to watch your spelling and grammar!!!(: 5 stars! If you could take a look at some of my work I would greatly appreciate it.(:

Mahart21 replied...
Thanks:) ant I will look at yours.

The_Succinct_Sophist said...
I loved how it began! You had tons of description and I was really getting into it, but then the end was really blunt. I liked how you described everything, but work on kinda curving off the end, if that makes any sense. Try not to stop it like a brick wall, but like a parachute: Let it slowly progress to the end. Other than that, I loved it!