The Sunset

I sit on an old log, one of the many that are scattered along this deserted stretch of the beach. I feel a warm breeze wash over me, and I smell the fresh scent that can only be smelled when you are by the ocean. I sit expectantly, waiting for the colors to appear in the sky. Then suddenly, I see what I have been waiting for- the ball of fire has begun its slow descent from the sky to the sea. It is awash in color- orange, yellow, red, and a tinge of purple, all slowly descending until it looks as though the water is on fire. I walk to the edge of the water and dip my hand in, hoping to feel some warmth that has been transferred from the sun to the sea. Even though the temperature of the water hasn’t changed, the water feels different; it feels just a little bit magical. Even as the colors fade and the sun is replaced by the moon, I sit there, holding on to that little piece of magic.

RosePetal519 said...
So awesome! I love all of the amazing imagery that you put into the piece! Totally cool how you posted just a small segment and you are leaving it open to new ideas that you may come up with in the future.  My favorite part was the concept of the transfer of energy that the character felt as he/she touched the water.  So moving!! I can't wait to read more!

yuka11 said...
nice imagery! This is a really pretty scene. is it a short "blurb" or part of a story? I like how  you describe it "all slowly descending" :) overall a pretty nice piece.

glimmer replied...
Oct. 17, 2011 at 11:36 am

For now, it's just a short blurb-but you never know when I might include in one my sotries ;)

Thanks for commenting!