Five Nights in Animatronic Horror | Teen Ink

Five Nights in Animatronic Horror

February 7, 2018
By AidanM BRONZE, Lincoln, Rhode Island
AidanM BRONZE, Lincoln, Rhode Island
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment


Jeremy had just pulled up to the building.  It was his first night on the job as a security guard at a pizzeria.  The pizzeria was none other than Freddy’s Pizza.  He walked into the musty, old, building and said to himself “to kids really come here for parties?”  As he looked around the main lobby he saw a poster of a shiny, blue, rabbit animatronic with the words “Let’s Rock” underneath it.  “That must be the one they call toy Bonnie,” he said to himself.  He had managed to find a map of the place next to the exit.  By the time he reached the main office his shift had begun.


Midnight, Night One.


He examined the layout of the office noticing that there were lights for the vents and one for the main hallway as well as a camera system. He had noticed many cameras while coming to the office. There was a phone on the desk about a second after that it was emitting an old phone ring. He picked it up and said “Hello?”


A voice replied “Uh, hello? Hello, hello? Uh, hello and welcome to your new summer job at the new and improved Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Uh, I'm here to talk you through some of the things you can expect to see during your first week here and to help you get started down this new and exciting career path.


Uh, now, I want you to forget anything you may have heard about the old location, you know. Uh, some people still have a somewhat negative impression of the company. Uh... that old restaurant was kind of left to rot for quite a while, but I want to reassure you, Fazbear Entertainment is committed to family fun and above all, safety. They've spent a small fortune on these new animatronics, uh, facial recognition, advanced mobility, they even let them walk around during the day. Isn't that neat? But most importantly, they're all tied into some kind of criminal database, so they can detect a predator a mile away. Heck, we should be paying them to guard you.


Uh, now that being said, no new system's without its... kinks. Uh... you're only the second guard to work at that location. Uh, the first guy finished his week but complained about... conditions. Uh, we switched him over to the day shift, so hey, lucky you, right? Uh, mainly he expressed concern that certain characters seemed to move around at night and even attempted to get into his office. Now, from what we know, that should be impossible. Uh, that restaurant should be the safest place on earth. So while our engineers don't really have an explanation for this, the working theory is that... the robots were never given a proper "night mode". So when it gets quiet, they think they're in the wrong room, so then they go try to find where the people are, and in this case, that's your office. So our temporary solution is this: there's a music box over by the Prize Counter, and it's rigged to be wound up remotely. So just, every once in awhile, switch over to the Prize Counter video feed and wind it up for a few seconds. It doesn't seem to affect all of the animatronics, but it does affect... one of them. Uh, and as for the rest of them, we have an even easier solution. You see, there may be a minor glitch in the system, something about robots seeing you as an endoskeleton without his costume on, and wanting to stuff you in a suit, so hey, we've given you an empty Freddy Fazbear head, problem solved! You can put it on anytime, and leave it on for as long as you want. Eventually, anything that wandered in, will wander back out.
Uh, something else worth mentioning is kind of the modern design of the building. You may have noticed there are no doors for you to close, heh. But hey, you have a light! And even though your flashlight can run out of power, the building cannot. So, don't worry about the place going dark. Well, I think that's it. Uh, you should be golden. Uh, check the lights, put on the Freddy head if you need to, uh, keep the music box wound up, a piece of cake. Have a good night, and I'll talk to you tomorrow.” (Five nights at Freddy's 2 night 1 phone call)
After that listening to what he was going to have to go through on just his first night on the job, he regretted his decisions in applying for this job.  But, he is desperate for the risk of losing his home he will do anything even if that means staring death in the eyes because the pay is $100.50 a week.


2 A.M


He decided to check the camera feed to wind up the music box in the prize corner.  He was scared half to death when he saw that the box was almost completely unwound. Once he had wound it up he checked the other cameras where he then saw that toy Bonnie and toy Chica were missing from the show stage.  In his horror, he found both of them in the vents.  Waiting to pounce he left the cameras and instantly fumbled on the Freddy mask that’s when he saw Bonnie leave the vents and join him in the office bonnie stared at Freddy's head with a dead look to his face. The lights started to flicker and in the blink of an eye, he was gone.Not too long after Chica had emerged from the vents she did the same thing as Bonnie only something was missing, then he realized that her beak was missing.       After she left, he looked at his watch and saw that it was 6 A.M and that his shift was over and he could happily go home.  But, only did he know what is in store for him the rest of his time working at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza.


To be Continued…


The author's comments:

Wrote this for an English Project.