Trisha part 2

Trisha- Part 2: Disasters

“You’ve gotta be kidding me! I don’t know who you are, or what you’re trying to pull, but I am not… nor will I ever be, married!” I shrieked.

“I find your commitment issues surprisingly adorable.” He replied with a perfect smile- too perfect. As though he had bleached his teeth with laundry detergent, or something. He fiddled with his extremely dark brown hair.

“No.” I whispered, I don’t need anyone. My voice sounded weak, feeble- even in my own ears, so I added, “Not anymore.” Regaining my resolve. I was tired of being left on my own, but a stranger could never fill the holes in my heart, no matter who he said he was.

“You spoke your vows- and I don’t care how many times they relocate you, or make you younger, or take away your memories of me. I am yours, and you are mine, Trisha darling.”

“I’d sooner kiss a snake, than you! The venom will hurt much less than what you’ve already done-“I hissed coldly, as I dusted myself off and headed for home. I knew, now who he was.

As I left, he furrowed his eyebrows apologetically, and whispered in my ear, “I never meant to hurt you, Love.”

Just like that, he disappeared, leaving a vibrant long-stemmed rose in his place. I didn’t take it. My instinct told me he’d be back to reclaim what he tried so desperately tried to steal from me so many years ago: my soul.

I remembered none of it- my memory had been entirely erased for my own good. However, late into the night, Ma tells me stories of my former life. Ma is not my actual mother. She is the warden at the institution that I live in as a cover. Even though I am perfectly sane, they were so sure that he would never come back to try and seduce me into giving him my soul, if I stayed there.

There was a time when I was destined to save the world. But that’s all behind me now. I made a mistake in love, and almost paid for it with the security of the entire world. But no one ever told me, that I was married to the Chupacabra Man. He was a soul vampire, I was his victim. One kiss almost killed me. Thanks to him I was useless, my powers had been locked into a part of me so deep, even I couldn’t reach them. My family was in hiding, dispersed around the world. But remorse is not my style. Revenge, on the other hand is.

Stay Tuned for part 3

Tayrodactyl said...
you better finnish it lol i really like this, it's officially one of my favorites.

Aelita replied...
Thanks! part 3 of Trisha is up now, and so is my new story, The Music! :)

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

whats a chupacabra? this story is extremely weird, but completely enticing and amazing. 

by the way, i love your endings.

Aelita replied...
You know, I had actually decided to discontinue this series, but you've changed my mind!

Aelita replied...
Trisha part 3 is now up, I think it's going to be the final installment, it wraps everything up, and finally explains the rest of it... enjoy!  :)

mudpuppy said...
Chupacabra are my favorite are vampire type creature. :)

Lorelei replied...
what exactly are they?

mudpuppy replied...
Well, to my knowledge they're reptilian-looking creatures that suck the blood of animals, espeically goats. :)

Aelita replied...
Mudpuppy's got it down.

Aelita replied...
Trisha part 3 is now online!