Phantom of the opera Phantom's P.O.V.

PREFACE

I brushed my fingers through her hair, whispering words of passion sweetly into her ear. "Christine I love you." She looked at me sweetly and took my face in her hands. Soft fingers trailed down my good cheek caressingly as the other hand held my masked side.

"I'm sorry" she cried as she tore off my mask. Screams emitted from the crowd and all around me there were cries of horror.

"Christine why?" I asked, tormented by my own foolishness. Kicking a lever I jumped off the stage's prop bridge with her in my arms.
*************************************************************************************

Part 1

Her sweet voice fills my ears as she vocalizes. Higher, higher the notes ring through my being. It is only her and me. Nothing else exists. No pain, no fear, no loneliness. She is my muse. The source of my music. I love her and am with her always. Yet I am also separated from her always. I have never met her in person, she has never seen my face. I am her teacher, her angel of music.

Suddenly her song stops. What is the meaning of this? We were practicing! Then, I hear HIM.

"Christine it really is you!" he exclaims. "I thought when I saw you on stage tonight that it had to be you! My little lotte, how you've grown." How dare he interrupt MY practice! How dare he look at her with eyes full of longing! She is mine! Mine alone!

"Raoul! Oh how I've missed the time we shared!" Christine tells him. So his name is Raoul? I seethe in silence from my hidden tunnel behind her mirror.

"How we'd always make up stories to pass the time…" He begins.

"And how we'd sneak a few of father's chocolates up into the attic…"

"Ah haha!" he chuckles. "Come Christine! We shall go to dinner, I'll bring up the carriage while you get ready."

"Wait I can't" she calls after him.

"Of course you can! I'll be up in five minutes!" he shuts the door behind him as he leaves to get the carriages.

"No!" she screams.

My anger finally overtakes my patience and I lashout in a flood of pain and furry. "How dare this fool of a boy presume to court you! Ignorant! Stupid! You are not to have romantic affiliations as long as I teach you!"

"Yes angel, I'm sorry. I was caught in a moment of weakness. Please stay with me master!" She begs softly. My anger ebbs as I see tears shimmering on her cheeks, her small face bent in shame.

"It is time we met. it is time to see your angel." I sigh as I pull back the smooth glass of the mirror. She can see me now. What if she rejected me? What if all this work was for nothing? She smiles slightly, her large round eyes filled with wonder. Walking forward she takes my hand in her gloved one and I lead her through the tunnel into my world. Into the unending night.

taylorf463 said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 10:24 pm:
This is really good! The detail and dialogue really make this piece come alive. It also makes me want to read the phantom of the opera. :)

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 5:05 am :
Thanks!!!!

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 8:05 am :
Hey the second part is up if you want to read it!!!!

WhiteRabbit said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 9:15 pm:
Wow that was great! I mean seriously I never really knew what it was about though I had heard of Phantom of the Opera now this makes me want to go read the book, thanks!

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 8:03 am :
The second part is up!!! Plz check it out!!

Michaela S. said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 11:05 am:
This is really interesting! I love Phantom of the Opera. It's really cool how you are writing this. The only thing I think you may need to work on for the next section of this is pacing. At the end of this, I started to get really confused of what was happening. In one moment, she was happy and content, the second she is screaming and frustrated. Other than that, great work! :D

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 10:03 am :
thank you for your feedback!

Authorgal98 said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 12:17 pm:
Hey, could you try one next of the Broadway version! I've never seen it, but I could help you! Maybe a collabration made possible on the Forums....

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 8:06 am :
Hey, the second part is up, and from what i've heard the movie is almost exactly like the broadway version!

Authorgal98 said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 12:15 pm:
Sweet! I just made a pardoy, The phantom of the Orchard! It's really cool! I see you're a movie fan, haha. A great piece! Write more! I can't wait to see what you do with The Music of the Night!!!! P.S. I've literally memorized the WHOLE score!!!! Even stuff that'ss not on the olc- Original London Cast Recocording)

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 10:00 am :
I have submitted the next part but it hasn't come through yet so keep an eye out for it!

Emmaline said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 6:02 pm:
thats really cool!!  i've been really addicted to Phantom of the Opera lately

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 6:18 pm :
I've been addicted for the past few years!!! I was waiting to see if people liked it before writing the next part. Thank you for the feedback!

Emmaline replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 6:43 pm :
yeah   defenatly write more!  i like how u write as him

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 6:49 pm :
Thanks and i will! I just hope it doesn't take months to get on!

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 9:06 pm :
thanks for favoriting my story!!!

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 10:01 am :
i have submitted the next part and i hope it is posted soon!

Inherinerd replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 8:06 am :
It has been posted!

burningembersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 3:18 pm:
I love it!!  I just watched phantum last night, so your timing is perfect.  Your descriptions are wonderful.

Inherinerd replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 6:19 pm :
Thank you! Discription has always been my strong part although i do sometimes use too much dialouge! :) Do you think i should write the next part?

burningembersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 22, 2010 at 10:13 am :
Yes!!  Write the next part, that would be great!