My Dearest Friend I Must Confess

My dearest friend, I must confess. In all my travels around the universe, I have never met anyone more human that you. You were a son of two worlds but neither had you called your home. For this, you made the galaxy your home. I have known you for so long that I would give my life for you. I consider you my brother. You were the best first officer that anyone could have asked for. And I was lucky enough to have you. You may not have expressed your emotions like everyone else, but deep inside, I knew you had them and I knew what you were going through cause I had them too. You gave your life for mine and for that I thank you. I wanted to save you but I just couldn’t take that chance and, besides, you wouldn’t have wanted it that way. You wouldn’t want me, or anyone else for that fact, to save you. You knew you were going to die when you went into that chamber. You knew that you were walking to your death. I always knew your courage and bravery would get the best of you. As I expect the same for me as well. It is hard to let you go, but I must. Your loyalty will never go unnoticed and unrewarded. I hope to see you again someday. But when and if we meet again, will you remember me? Would you recall the tragedies and triumphs we had together? Would we share the same brotherhood we once had? I won’t know the answers to these questions until we meet again. But until then, I will continue my expeditions without you. It pains me to do so but I must. Where ever I go, whatever I do, there you shall be. No one has ever meant so much to me as you. I miss you Spock, know this. I must say goodbye old friend. I miss you.

Deeply Yours,
Your Friend

marietree101 said...
The beginning was heartwarming, and then in the end, when the author said “I miss you Spock,” I was surprised. I had no clue where this letter was going, and who it was written to, but now that I know it was Spock, I can see the correlation.

Kinners said...
Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:18 am
This is truly touching, but... ...what fandom are you writing about?

illuminaughty_phandomThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 16, 2015 at 11:16 am
StarTrek? It mentions Spock so I guess its StarTrek.

cstudent said...
Jan. 28, 2010 at 11:40 am
this is really great