The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

eye4beauty said...
May 13, 2010 at 5:25 pm:
I liked the view point of it and the idea, but It needs to flow more to sound like an actual story that could be made into a movie script..... I wonder if she will write any more books :(

squidzinkpen replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:53 am :
She's apparently still writing, but she said she's done with Hogwarts. I wish someone else could take the story on. It could go on forever I think.

Dant3 said...
May 6, 2010 at 6:57 pm:
yeah, like the last two have said, its very akward sounding and it isn't following the storyline correctly. you got character's names wrong and feelings were misinterpreted. it was a really good idea... but it wasn't... quite right..

iwanttobeforeveryoung said...
May 3, 2010 at 6:36 pm:
I understand that this is your own interpretation, but I have to agree with with "Hornswaggler" said, in the epilogue Harry and Draco still didn't like each other but they had a truce and had accepted each other and Draco was on the light side.  I don't think he would have been that mad, or at least for those reasons.

Hornswaggler said...

I do like the story, it's a great idea. =3 It seems a bit too scripted though. I'm not sure how to describe it, but everything seems kinda...awkward sounding. And as far as I can remember, Draco didn't have nearly that strong of a grudge. They weren't exactly friends, but it was more of a grudging truce. x3

Great idea, it really is. =3 It could use a few tweaks here and there, but I like it.

meli-meli said...

Wow that was great!! i love Harry Potter! thats a really creative idea you had. do you think Victorie and Teddy would've gotten married?

P.S. isn't it Teddy Lupin not Tedy Tonks?

DivaStar8997 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 8:50 pm :
Yes, I guess it would be Teddy Lupin, but considering his father and mother both died it was his choice. I just said Tonks, since he was named after his deceased grandfather, Theodore Tonks, Dora's father.

EllaMcFarley said...
ive commented too much. Anyway, love this!! keep it up!! I've always had a soft spot for malfoy, even though he's such a poop sometimes... :P i know im not the only one who imagines him as stunningly attractive!! ;)

DivaStar8997 replied...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:57 pm :
Yes, Malfoy is a poop sometimes, but he had a screwed up home life. It's not his fault his dad was second in command to Voldemort and his mother and her sisters were Sirius Black's evil cousins. 

EllaMcFarley said...
oops that was meant to be a reply...

EllaMcFarley said...
Well, knowing malfoy it might make him even madder that harry saved him!! He's not the kind of person to like the fact he owes harry his life, if you know what i mean. haha, malfoy malfoy...

WiseGirl said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:20 pm:
It was cool. But, the Lovegoods' names are Lorcan and Lysander.

JonasLover89 replied...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:58 pm :
Yes, I misread J.K. Rowling's Family Tree on her website... I thought it was Lorean :P

JonasLover89 replied...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 8:59 pm :
....and Lyzar

CandyKissesxxMwah replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 4:38 am :
You know lyzar cud be a nick name for lysander, and i hear boys all the time on my bus call each other the female version of their names, lol, hope this helps!!! I love this piece alot :D

DivaStar8997 replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 11:07 am :
That's interesting, hahaha!

CandyKissesxx replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 4:39 pm :
hope this helps, and keep up the good work

Ally25 said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 5:02 pm:
 I think Harry could have had less children...I know thats how J.K. wrote it but yeah.. Anyways..Good story, verry unsespected. good job over all.

Coran said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 6:01 pm:
Wow, that's not unexpected at all!

hootowl4 said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 5:32 pm:
sorry i mean cool