The Unexpected Tale of Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy

By BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
BeckoningLovely GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

"I think our favorite quotes say more about us than the people we are quoting," John Green

A warm, late spring breeze swirled around the train station, Platform 9 ¾. Rose Weasley had stepped off the train, fresh off her third year, hand in hand with Scorpius Malfoy. She was hoping to part before either of their fathers saw them together. Mortal enemies in Hogwarts, mortal enemies for life. But of course, inheriting her father’s lack of luck, Ronald Weasley, with an embarrassed Hermione Weasley trailing behind, stormed up to the couple, fury raging behind green eyes.

“Oh… Mr. Weasley,” Scorpius began, trying to make a good impression by holding out his hand.

“Get away from my daughter, you foul pure blood!” Ron shouted. Hermione buried her head in her hands, trying to hide from the scene.

“But, dad, Scorpius isn’t who you think-“ Rose stuttered, getting cut off by her overly protective father.

“He is exactly who I know he is! A filthy, rude, Slytherin by heart!” Ron raged, fiery red hair standing on end.

“BUT HE’S NOT IN SLYTHERIN!” Rose screeched, causing all mouths to drop. Ron’s furious eyes emptied to blank confusion. Hermione’s hands slid away from her face and stepped forward to see this miraculous wonder; the first Malfoy not in Slytherin. By standers even glared with question.

“Then… what is it?” Ron inquired, curiously staring at Scorpius face. He resembled his father so much, how could he not be affected by the curse of Slytherin?

“Ravenclaw,” Scorpius spoke up. Hermione’s eyes brightened, a clever boy like Scorpius would be perfect for her intelligent daughter, Rose.

“But- I’ve seen you in Slytherin robes!” Ron paced, trying to figure this all out.

“I bought them. I wear them around my father. At school I hang out with Gryffindors Rose, James, Lilly, and Albus, and Ravenclaws like Lorena and Lyzar, Ms. Lovegood’s kids. The Slytherins disgust me, and they always pester me about my blood lines and evil ancestors,” Scorpius explained sufficiently.

“Ok then… Let’s go Rose… Say goodbye to your friend…” Hermione said, baffled. She helped Ron carry away her bags while they greeted Hugo.

“Scorpius!” Draco Malfoy called through the bustling halls of the platform.

“ Um… Dad. Hi,” Scorpius stuttered. Rose gripped his arm; It was time.

“What are you doing with that Weasley girl? Didn’t I tell you about her?” Draco scoffed, piercing black eyes darting around Rose’s face; her physical appearance was too striking to her father to ignore.

“Hello, Mr. Malfoy,” Rose stated politely. Draco sneered in response.

“Isn’t it nearly impossible for you to fancy her? You know, Slytherin vs. Griffyndor?” Draco inquired, sounding more like a nervous dad than pompous pure blood.

“Well… Dad. I’m not in Slytherin or Gryffindor,” Scorpius began.

“Oh, don’t tell me you’re a Hufflepuff!”

“No, I’m not… I’m a proud Ravenclaw who socializes with Lorena and Lyzar Lovegood, Ravenclaw, Griffydors Victorie, Hugo, Rose Weasley, and Teddy Tonks, and to your most dislike, James, Albus, and Lilly Potter,” Scorpius proudly declared, leaving his poor old father wordless. But without warning, the dark eyes were more than piercing. They were angry, furious, fuming with rage. Just when it seemed as if Draco Malfoy would have a hemorrhage, a dependable source interlude.

“Malfoy! Back off my niece and her friend,” Harry Potter bluntly affirmed, fingering his wand in the back pocket of his jeans.

“Ah, Potter, my old… nemesis,” Draco spit, the venom in his mouth more evident than his receding hairline, “as you may have heard, my…offspring… is none the less an ‘intellectual’ Ravenclaw, and no longer welcome in the House of Malfoy.”

“He is more than welcome to stay with Ginny, James, Albus, Lilly, Teddy, and I,” Harry nodded to an illuminated Scorpius.

“Please, I’d rather him stay with Weasleys,” Draco groaned. Rose brightened, exchanging a joyous look at Scorpius.

“And it shall be,” Hermione stepped up, Hugo, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Ron, Lilly, James, Albus, and Ginny all behind as the Potter-Weasley-Tonks-Potter clan.

“Take the disgusting Boggart. Pansy!” Draco sneered and turned away, snapping for his teary-eyed wife, who had been observing the whole time, to follow.

“Welcome to the family, Malfoy!” James cheered as the big happy family Apparated back to the Potters’ for a celebration.

**SPOILER ALERT!**
I read and reread and Googled the epilogue,and firmly decided Rose Weasley and Scorpious Malfoy were only too meant to be.

on Aug. 18 2011 at 4:47 pm
Free_One PLATINUM, ????, Ohio

"I am not invincible or unstoppable, but I stay strong because it is the only way to survive in this world."

wow, this was awesome! keep writing, cuz your really good! If anyone had time, could you please check out my new song never. . . thanks a bunch! :)(:

on Aug. 18 2011 at 9:04 am
singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin

Very sweet :)

on Aug. 18 2011 at 12:57 am
Awsomenes BRONZE, Chitris Hights, California

if i live to be 1000, and say "i love you" evry secint non-stop, it wouldnt be enouf.

i love the harry potter seres, so this was veary awsome! i was sad win it ended, so it was nice to read what hapend after. it is veary well riten, like it belonges in the story, i love it!

on Aug. 16 2011 at 10:24 am
SunshineGonnaWashMyBluesAway12, Richmond, Virginia
I agree it started out really well but then got a little childish and unrealistic at the end, still love the idea though! Love the kids point of view!

on Jul. 27 2011 at 12:23 am
PhoenixCrossing GOLD, Tinley Park, Illinois
I loved the idea~so creative! I do believe the writing is a little awkward, but it was great nonetheless. I enjoyed it.

TorioT4 BRONZE said...
on May. 22 2011 at 6:49 pm
TorioT4 BRONZE, Rural Hall, North Carolina

you have two chocies in every situtaion: make it or break it. Choose wisely.
- Me

haha i loved itt veryy appropiatee! i never thought about those two being together very creative!

on May. 5 2011 at 2:33 pm
wasauskyx BRONZE, New Haven, Connecticut

I am not afraid to speak my mind. I am honest, but when I do speak my mind, I get ignored.
~me!

I've only read the 1st HP book but I love the movies. This is great, I like it very much.

on Apr. 14 2011 at 3:20 pm
(*copying of the original book, I mean, as in using JKR's characters -- not copying of other fan fiction pieces.)

on Apr. 13 2011 at 8:37 pm
I don't think so, 'cuz it's just the same idea, and it's a pretty broad idea too. Like your story with Rose and Scorpius (which is really good by the way :D) is actually lots different from this. And it is fanfiction, so you can get away with some copying as it's just for fun. :)

on Mar. 24 2011 at 12:32 am
TeardropsInApril GOLD, Hillsborough, California

"live, love, laugh!"

This is great! If you are into Harry Potter then I suggest you check out my HP & continued. I hope you like it! This made me laugh! (:

on Mar. 14 2011 at 10:24 pm
randomcreepystalker BRONZE, Helena, Alabama
YES!!! i havent ever seen this one before!!! muy perfecto XD great, just wonderful

A. N. Mouse said...
on Feb. 18 2011 at 7:23 am

I like the idea, and it was really a wonderful story, but I really think that after Hogwarts and the war, Draco Malfoy would've become more tolerant towards non-Slytherins. If you have any backstory to explain how he got this way, completely against all of them, even through the war, I would love to read it :)

~A. N. Mouse~

on Jan. 10 2011 at 11:31 am
RhiaSnape BRONZE, Wien, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I like this story. I love the idea with Scorpius as a Ravenclaw because I always expected him a Slytherin. Oh yes! I like James' last sentence "Welcome to the family, Malfoy!" It made me laught.
I think Draco's wife is Astoria Greengrass and not Pansy. And the Lovegood-children are called Lorcan and Lysander. But I think that doesn't really matter because it's only stuff J.K. Rowling told us after finishing her books.
After all... a great text. ;)

KellyR GOLD said...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 12:45 pm
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

lol I would give you an unbiased opinion of this article but I don't have one. I love DRACO! I don't think he is actually very evil at all, just had the wrong upbringing.

on Nov. 5 2010 at 6:44 pm
satellite23 GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio

Prove it.

Why does everyone compare this to the books? Really, it was good as a stand-alone piece. You cannot emulate Rowling's writing style....so what you did was great.

on Sep. 30 2010 at 8:44 pm
Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

Yeah it is a little awkward, but what else can you really do with a great series like that? It's going to sound weird no matter how you write it. I thought you did a very good job.

on Aug. 5 2010 at 5:17 pm
TheMalfunctioningWallflower BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"GET THE CAT!!!"

"I did wood paneling."

"Do not FEAR the Crooked Zipper!! EMBRACE the Crooked Zipper!!!"

"What's better than infinity?"

"Wear your helmets, we'll be reaching speeds of three!"

"You could walk on your hands and catch up to him!"

I read this first before I knew what happened and didn't know that was how it was supposed to be sort of. Not Rose and Scorpius falling in love but that everyone got married and stuff. But then I read about the epilouge and read this again and it makes sense.

on Jul. 26 2010 at 1:42 pm

This is really not my best writing! I actually just finished reading the whole series a week ago, and now I read it and I cringe hahaha. So if you want more HP fanfic, wait until the next chapter of "James and Lily Lived" comes out!

on Jul. 26 2010 at 12:02 pm
squidzinkpen SILVER, Buffalo, New York

"The Irish gave the Scots the bagpipes as a joke, but the Scots haven't seen the joke yet"- Irish Proverb

If someone had written something like this, would it be plagiarism? Not just like, but having Rose and Scorpius together.

on Jul. 26 2010 at 11:53 am
squidzinkpen SILVER, Buffalo, New York

She's apparently still writing, but she said she's done with Hogwarts. I wish someone else could take the story on. It could go on forever I think.

Parkland Book