A Part of Darkness | Teen Ink

A Part of Darkness

By Miika SILVER, Bayfield, Colorado
Miika SILVER, Bayfield, Colorado

"I came... I saw... I conquered..."
- Julia Caesar

I couldn't see him through the darkness. He had kidnapped me and brought me and to a cave, I could see the walls around me, water slowly dripping from the ceiling. The rock walls looked black against the darkness, and I thought to myself I wasn't even going to see the face of the guy that was going to kill me. I wondered how he was going to do it. Pull out a gun, maybe he was good with knives, but in the long it didn't matter. I was still going to die in this cold dark tunnel. Maybe he would take my body out to the woods and bury me. There was a good possibility that no would find me for twenty years. When they did find me my body would be rotted and withered away. I couldn't believe that I was sitting here thinking about this. I heard his boots squeak and I looked up.

He stepped came out of his hiding place among the dark. At first I thought he looked funny. Like maybe a dream. Too pale almost to be alive. He had these amazing dark emerald green eyes that I felt I could fall into. They were almost electric, hypnotizing. His black hair was loose in a wispy way but yet framed his face to the point that would make it look sexy if I wasn't going to die. That, with his pale skin tone that looked unreal. He was exotic. He had high cheek bones, his skin looked like silk stretched over steel. It looked inviting to touch. It made me wonder if it was as soft as it looked. He was well over six feet tall.

He was wearing a gray t-shirt which was like his skin, tight over his shoulders and stomach. The mussel he had, well, it was the kind of mussel that you would only have if swung an ax all day to make a living. His pants were the same way. They hugged every part of him in just the right way, all the way down to his black combat boots. Even though they were untied at the top. Like he was too lazy to tie them when he put them on when he got out of bed before he drank his coffee. He was beautiful. That was the end of that.

The initial fear took me over like I had just been drenched in ice water, then letting the cold water slither down my skin while shivers shake all through me. I wanted to scream until someone heard me but I knew that I don't have that much time before my life was ended, and I sank in to a cold dark whole of abyss. “Lets talk” He said as a hypnotic smile slide across his face. And when I look at his teeth I notice something unreal. Two fangs slowly slide out from his upper jaw.

Thoughts!!!