When Jealous Girlfriends attack

12 A.M. rises. I'm lurking down in a vaguely familiar hallway. Then I see her: Sandi Trotsky. She's in her volleyball uniform. Just another way to show off how she's more athletic than me, I guess. She comes my way. People start bowing down to her "lovely" shin guards, as her pony tail sassily whips its way around those bowing minions of her. She stops. We look face-to-face as if we're reflections. But we're not. How could we? We're total opposites. Just as I thought this moment couldn't get anymore awkward for me, she brings even more of a discomfort down my coiled core as she loathes out as she walks towards me:
"YOU. BETTER. WATCH. YOUR. BACK."
I look at my back in confusion and fear, pretending not to know. But I know what she means. Her boyfriend, Josh Hadley, was the guy I have eyed for years and more to come. She wouldn't let that happen. I decide to do what I need to stay alive: Run out. I feel relief almost at my grasp. But I see her instead. She growls, "I know you like my guy. And you can talk to him, and sing with him all you want (we're in chorus together), but I will NOT let you touch him or talk to him at all!" Running up the stairs, I only see her at the top. God, she was like Nightcrawler from the X-Men. "What's the matter, Lynn? Too scared to fight me? Well, ya should've thought about that before you eyed MY Josh. You can run as much as you like, but you can't hide!" God, had the lady lost her marbles. Finally, I get courage in my gut to take out the words:
"Leave. me. ALONE! Big deal, I like Josh, so to twenty other women here. Why don't you go personally hurt them?"
"Well, he sees something in YOU, and I'm going to take it out of you!"
Suddenly, her tower-like friends Gina and Mel come out and say, "Me too!" And so yet again, I'm running. I know, I'm a coward, but this is the Wonder Woman, the Gabrielle Reece of Monty High. I wasn't going to put up a fight with her! No one would. I blink, wondering how obvious I was about my crush on Hadley. After that one blink, an army of volleyball players come together like moths under the naked floursecent lights. With her Napolean-esque strength in voice, Sandi screams'
"Ready."
"AIIIIIMMM....F---"
"Lynn, it's seven AM. Wake up now!"
I scream for life, only to find my mom, impatiently waiting on me to wake up. "Sweetie, have you lost your mind?" she says. I realize I was only dreaming. I dress like a tornado, chug granola and OJ in my system, and leave the nightmare that has never occured. I eye Sandi in the hallways, having her fingers clenched up into Josh's wonderful specimen of a bicep. I sigh and walk away from that subtle-looking eyesore we call PDA, and think of one day asking Josh out. At least in my dreams.

albinotiger said...
Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:13 am:
HAHA loved it i found it funny :p great job writing keep it up !!

ToranThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:48 am:
Ok, I really liked it. There were a few parts when the girl was confusing, but hey! That's what girls are like. I thought it was great and a fun read. I am sitting in a library trying to keep myself from laughing out loud. Great job! ;)

Amezyarak said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 11:29 am:
Overall it was really good, parts of it were a bit rough though

CrazyKid56 said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 7:29 am:
This was a pretty funny story and i liked how you compared the characters, keep writing!

mudpuppy said...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 10:03 am:
This title had me laughing and curious at the same time. I'm not normally into action, but this story is so humorous I couldn't help but love it! :)

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i never really like it wen an author ends a story with: okay. it was just a dream.   it was well written (except for a few confusing parts like the thing fictionlover10 said) though. cool.

fictionlover10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 11, 2010 at 7:23 pm:
This was great but did anyone else notice she said "and you can talk to him and sing with him but you can't touch him or talk to him at all"? Anyways good job!

JacobC said...
That was a good story.

HomeSickShadows99 said...
Oct. 26, 2009 at 6:58 am:
bahahaha..that was pretty sweeeeet

reginalove said...
This is awesome!Sounds like the story of my life!lol!I really like it and it is written very well. I love the detail!

moomoocowsmoo said...
WOW is this true..all my friends are gelous of me cause boys like me but iam not mean to them like this!!!

nnyokman said...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 9:45 am:
I think this book sounds very good. I have never read it but I think many young girls could relate to it because many girls are dealing with the same problem. They like a boy but are to afraid to talk to him because of what other people will think. Also it talks about the all the drama of mean girls and popular boys. I would love to read this book, it sounds very interesting and realistic.

Fredwardness said...
lol good jobs

vivaladolce said...
Hey! I liked it but it was a little unrealistic. Keep writing!

cookie said...
It was a very good writing but it was scary

QuaglieriA said...
The story, "When Jealous Girlfriends Attack," was exciting from beginning to end. I enjoyed the author's descriptiveness. For example, the line that reads, "Lovely shin guards, as her pony tail sassily whips its way around those bowing minions of hers." was great. There was one thing that I did not understand. One line stated, "And you can talk to him, and sing with him....... but I will not let you touch him or talk to him at all!" She said you can talk ... (more »)

Rockerray101 said...
This was really good, I just wished that it wasn't a dream.........................