Change For The Better

By , Newark, DE
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

Living with Change

It was hard for Josh to adapt back into civilian life. He was dealing with so many overpowering events that he had experienced in the past four year that was eating him up inside. It wasn’t until a few weeks ago that our relationship returned too normal. It wasn’t a basic transitional at all but slowly and surely we both learned how to work with one another after all our time apart. He had finally received new medicine for a dislocated disk in his spine and was beginning to cope with the pain. It was then that Josh started to take me to the movies or we would go out for a bite to eat, laughing and joking like we use to. It felt extremely exceptionable to have my brother back. I couldn’t believe I had been so selfish while my brother was gone. He was literally fighting for our country and I was freaking out because I couldn’t go out with my friends. I know I have learned nowhere near as much as my brother but having him in the Marines has helped me look at the bigger picture in life. Things aren’t always as bad as they seem and I now know that I am actually lucky beyond belief. The Marines may have taken my brother away from me for four years, but now that I have him back our brother-sister bond has become more cherishing then ever.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6