Even Though | Teen Ink

Even Though

By Danealle SILVER, wheeling, Illinois
Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Anything is possible with a smile and goal in mind.

Summary:

Even Though is about my struggle with, and ultimate acceptance of, my father’s death.
I hid my emotions a lot through out the time of his sickness and death. This story is about the lessons I've learned through out the experience.
I promise this memoir is not as morbid as it sounds. I infused it with my sarcastically funny personality and I placed a life lesson at the end.

Danealle K.

Even Though

on Mar. 25 2013 at 11:53 am
sweetangel4life GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Romeo and Juliet ( Quote Act II, Sc. II).

"Let them eat cake."
Marie Antoinette

i really loves this. well written of course and im sorry for the pain you felt over the loss. stay strong and keep writing :)

Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!

JessixMathers GOLD, Urbana, Illinois

No matter where you run I'll be right there, right behind you, in your nightmares - Eminem <3

You are a great writer!!! I loved this memoir! Although I havent lost anyone recently I'm so glad that I read this story, had me hooked from beginning to end! :)

on Aug. 1 2011 at 11:24 am
Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

I'm glad you like/understand my thought and feelings behind this. I'm sorry for your loss! 

on Aug. 1 2011 at 10:47 am
renthead96 BRONZE, City, Ohio

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."

I really felt for you while I read this, and I have to say I can relate well to it. My aunt died of cancer only months ago, and I wish I had found this earlier, to help me deal with it. I find it interesting how everyone reacts differently and copes differently to loss. For me, it really didn't hit me until I was at the funeral, and then I lost it. I'm glad I found this story. Keep writing!

on Jul. 29 2011 at 8:48 am
Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Thank you so much! And I will keep writing! 

Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope my story helped you. 

I love this story, I lost my father to Sarcoma Cancer. It happened when i was 9....I'm 13 now. I still miss him every day and night.

on Jul. 28 2011 at 8:05 am
Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

I'm glad you liked it! I'm sorry for your loss.

on Jul. 28 2011 at 8:04 am
Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Your welcome and thank you for reading mine!

on Jul. 28 2011 at 5:10 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

This was so beautiful. I think I almost cried while I read it. I recently lost my great-aunt, and it didn't hit me until two days after I found out. I kind of just talked to my sisters--it helped a lot. This memoir kind of brought back thoughts of her--but they're good thoughts. This was very well written, and truly inspiring. :)

on Jul. 16 2011 at 12:44 am
Marieweibel BRONZE, State College, Pennsylvania
Hey thank you for reading my writting! Your memoir is very well done. You made the very painful truth about grief extremly understandable and relatable, which is not an easy thing to do. Your honesty is very refreshing! Thank you for sharing your story!

Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Thank you! 

on Jul. 12 2011 at 10:14 am
ArgonElement SILVER, The Woodlands, Texas

Question Authority.

This was a very artfully written memoir. I am amazed at how everyone copes differently. After my grandmother died I became an angry shell of a person. I am happy you wrote this memoir, it really inspires me to write one also.

WritingSpasms, Los Angeles, California

"Devils run when a good man goes to war."
- River Song from Doctor Who (Ep. A Good Man Goes to War)

I'm so sorry about what you went through. You wrote your memoir beautifully and brought out your emotions. I hope you continue on in your writing :)

Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

I'm glad you enjoyed it and i'm happy it's written in a way that people can relate to it

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Great memoir!  You told the readers how you felt and they will draw their own conclusions at the end. 

I know how it doesn't help (someone who was pretty much a parent to me died), but you have my condolences.  And you were right about grief: the sadness never fully goes away.

Danealle SILVER, Wheeling, Illinois

Thank you i appreciate that!

Hooha said...
This book sounds very intresting and filled with alot of emotions. I really enjoy books like that. I'll take some time to read this one it has definitely caught my attention. Nice job with your writing and keep doing what you love

katieann said...
Strong emotions throughout, really demonstraited how passionate writting is to her and how it got her through such a tough time that not many people would be able to handle like she did.