Home > Book (Nonfiction) > Memoir > Even Though

Even Though

Danealle K.
Even Though
Summary: Even Though is about my struggle with, and ultimate acceptance of, my father’s death.
I hid my emotions a lot through out the time of his sickness and death. This story is about the lessons I've learned through out the experience.
I promise this memoir is not as morbid as it sounds. I infused it with my sarcastically funny personality and I placed a life lesson at the end.

This book has 20 comments. Post your own now!

sweetangel4life said...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:53 am
i really loves this. well written of course and im sorry for the pain you felt over the loss. stay strong and keep writing :)

JessixMathers said...
You are a great writer!!! I loved this memoir! Although I havent lost anyone recently I'm so glad that I read this story, had me hooked from beginning to end! :)

Danealle replied...
Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!

renthead96 said...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 10:47 am
I really felt for you while I read this, and I have to say I can relate well to it. My aunt died of cancer only months ago, and I wish I had found this earlier, to help me deal with it. I find it interesting how everyone reacts differently and copes differently to loss. For me, it really didn't hit me until I was at the funeral, and then I lost it. I'm glad I found this story. Keep writing!

Danealle replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:24 am
I'm glad you like/understand my thought and feelings behind this. I'm sorry for your loss! 

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 5:10 am
This was so beautiful. I think I almost cried while I read it. I recently lost my great-aunt, and it didn't hit me until two days after I found out. I kind of just talked to my sisters--it helped a lot. This memoir kind of brought back thoughts of her--but they're good thoughts. This was very well written, and truly inspiring. :)

Danealle replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 8:05 am
I'm glad you liked it! I'm sorry for your loss.

Marieweibel said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 12:44 am
Hey thank you for reading my writting! Your memoir is very well done. You made the very painful truth about grief extremly understandable and relatable, which is not an easy thing to do. Your honesty is very refreshing! Thank you for sharing your story!

Danealle replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 8:04 am
Your welcome and thank you for reading mine!

ArgonElement said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 10:14 am
This was a very artfully written memoir. I am amazed at how everyone copes differently. After my grandmother died I became an angry shell of a person. I am happy you wrote this memoir, it really inspires me to write one also.

Danealle replied...
Thank you! 

WritingSpasms said...
I'm so sorry about what you went through. You wrote your memoir beautifully and brought out your emotions. I hope you continue on in your writing :)

Danealle replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 8:48 am
Thank you so much! And I will keep writing! 

CarrieAnn13 said...

Great memoir!  You told the readers how you felt and they will draw their own conclusions at the end. 

I know how it doesn't help (someone who was pretty much a parent to me died), but you have my condolences.  And you were right about grief: the sadness never fully goes away.

Danealle replied...
I'm glad you enjoyed it and i'm happy it's written in a way that people can relate to it

Hooha said...
This book sounds very intresting and filled with alot of emotions. I really enjoy books like that. I'll take some time to read this one it has definitely caught my attention. Nice job with your writing and keep doing what you love

Danealle replied...
Thank you i appreciate that!

katieann said...
Strong emotions throughout, really demonstraited how passionate writting is to her and how it got her through such a tough time that not many people would be able to handle like she did. 

Summerchick98 replied...
I love this story, I lost my father to Sarcoma Cancer. It happened when i was 9....I'm 13 now. I still miss him every day and night.

Danealle replied...
I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope my story helped you.