Mind Over Body

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Blood on the Dance Floor

A couple hours later, it was lights out time, so we left the bunkhouse and went into the extra room for meetings. I didn’t really know that other girls knew about this room, but apparently they do because when we walked in there they were playing loud reggae music, dancing and eating popsicles. Like what in the world? I quietly laid my blanket on the floor, hoping they wouldn’t notice me.
“Hey, y’all want some crackers? Or some soda? We even got Subway.”
“How in the world
After I decided not to be sick, I decided to have fun. And this is what I did.
do you have Subway?”
“Our leader got it… but just come!”
“Well we don’t even know you guys! It’s fine we can just sit here.”
“Nuh-uh! You’re coming” The girl grabbed my hand and pulled me to the “dance floor”, which was a few blankets all over the floor. The music was so loud; I was surprised I couldn’t hear it in our room! We danced until I thought my legs were about to fall off. Slowly, girls started leaving. I was still so high on sugar, no way was I about to stop!
I looked over my shoulder to call over my friend, who, to my surprise, was standing there with a bloody nose! I ran over to her and she was just standing there with a paper towel on her nose.
“This is the third time today, Katie!”
“You CANNOT tell Ms. Terri. Swear?”
“No! We’re gonna calm down. Drink some water. No more dancing for you.”
And that ended our dancing experience. We sat on the blanket and talked for hours, until she looked at her phone and announced it was 4:00. Girls immediately stared leaving. Soon it was just me, Katie, and two other girls across the room.