New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Misadventures of a Teenage Girl

Author's note: Everybody has their own story. This is mine.
Author's note: Everybody has their own story. This is mine.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter 3

We were in class when they called Jeanette and Talissa to the counselor’s office. The ooh’s began as everyone wondered what they were going in for. Five minutes later I was called in and received puzzled looks from everyone. The few that did understand what was happening were fuming. To them I was a tattle tale, a traitor, a snitch.
The walk to the counselor’s office was nerve racking. I stopped every few steps wondering if I should continue. You have to go. They need to pay for what they did. I opened the door and walked in the counselor’s office. The two girls were seated in spinny chairs and I was expected to sit by them. I slowly sat down. The counselor looked at me trying to read me. I wouldn’t let him. I wouldn’t lay myself out like an open book anymore.
“So Emma. You know why we’re today,huh?” I shook my head not looking up. “Girls could you step out for a moment?” He gestured at Jeanette and Talissa.
“Oh yes, sir.” They walked out acting like little angels, What a façade.
“Emma, I don’t think they’ve done what you’ve said they’ve down.” He said. Tears rolled down my cheeks. He thought I was lying? “They’re two of the top students at the school. They’ve had a clean record. What would suddenly make them start acting out?” he asked. I didn’t know what to say.
“But you got the papers, you saw what they wrote…”
“Are you sure this is them? Myspace is full of people impersonating others..”
“Yeah I’m sure. They make my life miserable every day. Why don’t you believe me?” I said, sobbing.
“I’m not saying I don’t believe you. I just don’t want to punish an innocent girl just because someone said she did something.” He said. He used this voice that made me sound stupid. I hated it.
“I’m not making this up! I showed you the letters!” I said fuming.
“Calm down. Well, what do you want me to do?” he said looking at me with a mocking face. Why was he asking me? He was supposed to know!
“I don’t know.” I said. In all honesty, I didn’t. I mean how could I?
“Well I can’t do anything if you don’t know.” He said.
“But I don’t. I mean I-” I stopped speaking. No words were coming out, I was talking nonsense.
“How about this,” he said putting his hands on the table, “Why don’t we send a copy of the letter to their parents and be done with this whole problem?” he sat back and smiled. He thought he had won, thought he’d fixed everything. But he hadn’t. Not even close.
“That’s all?” I asked. No detention? No suspension? Zero tolerance policy my ass!
“Pardon me?” he asked.
“Oh, nothing. That sounds fine, I guess.” I knew this wouldn’t fix anything.
He clapped his hands and stood up. “Well, that’s great. I’ll be in contact with their parents. You may go back to class now.” He gestured towards the door.
“Thanks. I guess.” I said as I walked out the door. I should feel relieved. I should feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. But I was scared. Scared they’d find me. Scared they’d hurt me again. Scared I’d be alone.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Lia D. said...
I loved it so far :D but for some reason the website or my computer isn't letting me go to the next chapter :(