The Ballerina | Teen Ink

The Ballerina MAG

By Amy Wu, Ambler, Pennsylvania
Amy Wu, Ambler, Pennsylvania

Similar images

This art/photo has 180 comments.

on Sep. 1 2011 at 12:34 pm
becauseHeloves BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia

Proverbs 8:12, 14 "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength."

Yes and Jesus and God are one: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), God the Holy Spirit- the blessed Trinity. There is only one God but he is the triune God. Take a look at Genesis 1: 26, "And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness..." God couldn't have been talking to the angels for they were His creation and could not create man; He was talking to the Son and the Holy Spirit, which is Himself. Also look at John 1: 1-4, 14  " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. (vs. 1-4) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (vs. 14) The Word refers to Jesus and as said in the verses, Jesus is God, God the Son who became flesh (human) and took on the sins of the world; now look at John 3:16, 17 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved."

soldout said...
on Aug. 31 2011 at 4:58 pm
beautiful! im rating it five stars for sure!

on Aug. 31 2011 at 2:09 pm
LifeWrite PLATINUM, Westfield, New Jersey

Hello! :)

You're right--there is only ONE God. But, Jesus wasn't HIS savior, He is OUR savior and He was sent by God. Jesus is not dead--he is alive, but in heaven. He broke the power of death when He was crucified and rose again. I know what you're going to say--that's impossible, humans can't do that. But Jesus wasn't just any human; He was God's own son; the ONLY human who was, and ever will be perfect. None of us have those abilites because we're not perfect--we're all sinners. That's why we need to turn to the Lord and ask Him to help us.

on Aug. 31 2011 at 12:44 pm
you guys r so sad! jesus is dead just like the rest of past humanity. believing in him is like believing in hulk. humans dont have super powers. there is ONE G-d. pray to G-d! not his "saviors".

lollypop said...
on Aug. 31 2011 at 12:39 pm
oh. my. goodness. YOU ARE AMAZING!!! i absolutely love the femininity and grace you captured here!

on Aug. 31 2011 at 11:05 am
Raven_Mi BRONZE,

K.I.S.S.- Keep. It. Simple. Stupid

yikes, i cant believe that this was drawn its amazing

exotus SILVER said...
on Aug. 9 2011 at 4:37 pm
exotus SILVER, Aspen, Colorado

"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die"

that is the coolest painting ive ever seen! please sumbit more!

on Jul. 25 2011 at 12:29 pm
I know! Haha. It will be a glorious day indeed...for all of us! :)

on Jul. 25 2011 at 3:54 am

If only there was a "like" button lol. And I will meet you one day lol That will be a glorious day!

on Jul. 21 2011 at 5:26 pm
That is so wonderful! I gave my heart to Him around the same time. I actually didn't create my screenname with that in mind; just that I will write for life, sort of. However, in my life, I do and say all things with His will in mind, so essentially, that is what my screenname means. It made my day that you said you know Him too! :D I will meet you one day!

on Jul. 21 2011 at 8:01 am

Yes it does! I gave my heart to Him when I was 11 and I'm glad you asked me- it really made my day! It's awesome that you know Him too- which brings me to your screenname also lol; do you mean Life in Him and that you write because of and for Him?

LovelyLady said...
on Jul. 18 2011 at 10:30 pm
OMG. This is AMAZING! Its got to be the best ballerina ever. :))

on Jul. 18 2011 at 6:28 pm
This is one of the best I've seen in a while! I love her facial expression and the way you positioned her. It's fantastic! =D *Added to favorites!!* :)

on Jul. 18 2011 at 6:27 pm
Hi! I agree with your comment, but I actually have a really random question for you: does your screenname have anything to do with knowing the Lord as your savior? I know Him.

traveladdict said...
on Jul. 18 2011 at 4:32 pm
traveladdict, Louisville, Kentucky
This is amazing!!! You are soooo talented!

on Jul. 18 2011 at 3:34 pm
Me_Music_Love BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
I smiled when I saw this.

on Jul. 18 2011 at 5:28 am
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

I don't know but there's something in this painting. AWESOME

ChickyChick said...
on Jun. 4 2011 at 11:03 am
ChickyChick, Delta, Pennsylvania

"If you wanna see a rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." "No sacrifice, No victory." "Life is like a box of chocolates..." "you give me the kind of feeling people write novels about." "love means never having to say you're sorry"

wow this is simply..AMAZING. the movement of your art and the pose of the ballerina. its incredible. I absolutly LOVE IT :) keep up the great work. its really inspirational

on Jun. 4 2011 at 12:33 am
AddieDay SILVER, Danville, California
Wow. I love how the dancer isn't in a ballet pose at all, but instead with her hands on her hips looking down. I like that you can't see her feet, shoes, or most of the legs because it draws the eyes to more interesting aspects than the cliched perfect-ballerina-on-pointe look.

on May. 13 2011 at 7:10 am

Amazing! You capture her grace and beauty so realistically and flawlessly!

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare