Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > The Ballerina

The Ballerina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor

This art/photo has 174 comments. Post your own now!

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
and why is she so skinny?

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
okay, i just realized how obnoxious that sounded. sorry. it's a good painting, just that i don't like when people steryotype ballerinas

what up with the dress?

grasslova said...
Amy--how many years have you been doing art? What is your secret? Do you have a tutor? Or are you just a protegee, and naturally have this innate, incomprehensible ability to capture life two-dimmensionally? :)

AshTree said...
this is so beautiful!! How long did this take to paint/dry?

Dezy said...
Nov. 10, 2010 at 11:15 am
This is so beautiful! I want to hang it in my home.

IrishDreamDancerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow this is amazing!

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This is absolutely amazing.  you are so talented.

Someone_Who_Is_Loved said...
I luv this picture.... I think you could go places with this talent of yours.... And I dont say things I dont mean. Check out my work?? Thanx :)

Annibonny said...
Oct. 5, 2010 at 10:27 am
This is amazing!! I could never do that! It looks like something you would see in a museum!! Keep it up!! You could go far!!

SnickerLover said...
woooww!! simply beu-ti-ful!!!

Thorn73 replied...
This is beautiful! What medium did you use? Pastel? Paint? The shading and detail is stunning, and the ballerina's face is haunting in it's dark grace. I will immediately add this to my "favorite" collection.

Amy Wu replied...
Thanks! It's oil on canvas.

Thorn73 replied...
Awesome. I should learn how to do that....*Sheepish expression.*

yolanda dee saqq said...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 9:25 am
thiz is so AMAZING wow u draw painted that? OMG thatz niiiice

loveshortstuff11 said...
Wow this is amazing I wish that I could do work like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laine said...
i have always loved paintings of ballerinas...this one is very good!

DanceBabyDance said...
GORGEOUS!

KatAnne said...
This is absolutely beautiful.  Amazing job!

marie23 said...
Beautiful!!

Ummm...shutup said...
Aug. 22, 2010 at 11:05 am
This is amazing!!!!