Home > Art / Photo > Oil Paintings > The Ballerina

The Ballerina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Report abuse

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This piece has also been published in Teen Ink's monthly print magazine.

More by this contributor

This art/photo has 175 comments. Post your own now!

ChickyChickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:03 am
wow this is simply..AMAZING. the movement of your art and the pose of the ballerina. its incredible. I absolutly LOVE IT :) keep up the great work. its really inspirational

AddieDay said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:33 am
Wow. I love how the dancer isn't in a ballet pose at all, but instead with her hands on her hips looking down. I like that you can't see her feet, shoes, or most of the legs because it draws the eyes to more interesting aspects than the cliched perfect-ballerina-on-pointe look.

becauseHeloves said...
May 13, 2011 at 7:10 am
Amazing! You capture her grace and beauty so realistically and flawlessly!

LifeWriteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Hi! I agree with your comment, but I actually have a really random question for you: does your screenname have anything to do with knowing the Lord as your savior? I know Him.

becauseHeloves replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:01 am
Yes it does! I gave my heart to Him when I was 11 and I'm glad you asked me- it really made my day! It's awesome that you know Him too- which brings me to your screenname also lol; do you mean Life in Him and that you write because of and for Him?

That is so wonderful! I gave my heart to Him around the same time. I actually didn't create my screenname with that in mind; just that I will write for life, sort of. However, in my life, I do and say all things with His will in mind, so essentially, that is what my screenname means. It made my day that you said you know Him too! :D I will meet you one day!

becauseHeloves replied...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 3:54 am
If only there was a "like" button lol. And I will meet you one day lol That will be a glorious day!

I know! Haha. It will be a glorious day indeed...for all of us! :)

growthruinspiration replied...
you guys r so sad! jesus is dead just like the rest of past humanity. believing in him is like believing in hulk. humans dont have super powers. there is ONE G-d. pray to G-d! not his "saviors".

Hello! :)

You're right--there is only ONE God. But, Jesus wasn't HIS savior, He is OUR savior and He was sent by God. Jesus is not dead--he is alive, but in heaven. He broke the power of death when He was crucified and rose again. I know what you're going to say--that's impossible, humans can't do that. But Jesus wasn't just any human; He was God's own son; the ONLY human who was, and ever will be perfect. None of us have those abilites because we're not perfect--we're all sinners. Tha... (more »)

becauseHeloves replied...
Yes and Jesus and God are one: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), God the Holy Spirit- the blessed Trinity. There is only one God but he is the triune God. Take a look at Genesis 1: 26, "And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness..." God couldn't have been talking to the angels for they were His creation and could not create man; He was talking to the Son and the Holy Spirit, which is Himself. Also look at John 1: 1-4, 14  " In the beginning was the Word, and the ... (more »)

becauseHeloves replied...
Now as to Jesus being dead, as Lifewrite said, He is indeed alive. In Matthew 27, the account of Jesus' crucifixion is told and also His ressurection; I'll start off with the verses dealing with His burial, verses 57- 60 "When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple: He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen c... (more »)

becauseHeloves replied...

I know I have already said a lot but I have something else I want to share with you: Matthew 16: 13-17 "When Jesus came tino the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art a John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremais, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus ans... (more »)

becauseHeloves replied...
Sorry about the typo in the verse, it's actually "When Jesus came into the coasts...."

singingpenguin said...
This is a great drawing!  Good job!

JelloAngel92 said...
Holy flippin pancakes! this is gorgeous!

Hover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:17 am
OMG sooooooo amazing!!! *click* added to my favies!!

PaRaNoRmAl627 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really beautiful. fantastic workk<3

Fran94 said...
What a beautiful painting! This painting is very detailed and realistic! It's amazing! Keep painting wonderful paintings!

NightontheSun said...
very great painting, enough said there.