The Ballerina MAG

By Amy Wu, Ambler, Pennsylvania
Amy Wu, Ambler, Pennsylvania

Similar images

This art/photo has 177 comments.

on Dec. 29 2011 at 9:44 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

I love it~ the lighting is good and I like the black background. Makes me wonder what she is looking at or whether she's in concentration.

babysteps GOLD said...
on Dec. 19 2011 at 8:04 pm
babysteps GOLD, Wayland, Massachusetts

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
~Mahatma Gandhi

congradulations! This piece is spectacular you will go far being able to make something like this!

Bones96 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 19 2011 at 10:39 am
Bones96 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself-

Wow this is awesome! You are very good and defiantly keep painting you defiantly have a talent for it! :)

VegHead SILVER said...
on Nov. 30 2011 at 10:12 pm
VegHead SILVER, Como, Texas
You are so talented!

on Nov. 27 2011 at 4:02 pm
Pianoartist BRONZE, Kechi, Kansas

"Give up.....on me giving up." - Naruto Uzumaki ;)

This is ABSOLUTELY stunning!

on Nov. 27 2011 at 12:14 pm
JordanWatts BRONZE, Ellington, Missouri
Wow!!!! This is Like Really Really AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Job!!!

M.K.B. said...
on Nov. 5 2011 at 10:13 am
M.K.B., Reno, Nevada
Beautiful!!!! =>

on Oct. 14 2011 at 7:22 pm
WrittenwithWords411, Bellingham, Washington

"Don't give up, because it will get better. It may be stormy now, but it can't rain forever."

This is absolutely AMAZING!! 

on Oct. 14 2011 at 6:27 pm
MountainBird14, Evergreen, Colorado

You can rearrange me, but you can never change me

If only I was that beautiful! I could stare at this painting for hours!

on Oct. 14 2011 at 4:48 pm
Artemis--Sherwood GOLD, Hemet, California

"We're all stories in the end."

I would have made this the cover of my teen ink book, but it didin't relate at all to my story. The only similar occurence is that my main character is blonde. :( But I think this is beautiful. :)

james14 BRONZE said...
on Oct. 14 2011 at 3:21 pm
james14 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

"Worst excuse for not turning in homework: 'I couldn't find anyone to copy it from'".

This painting is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! <3

on Sep. 22 2011 at 7:39 pm
X-crazybeautifullife-X SILVER, Omaha, Nebraska

"Sometimes we hurt the people we love because we love them"

this is beautiful! i love it<3

on Sep. 22 2011 at 4:02 pm
singinginthegardn GOLD, Cowell, Massachusetts

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." ~Anaïs Nin

Geez Loo Weez....THIS IS AMAZING<33

Mrs.parez said...
on Sep. 22 2011 at 1:02 pm
wow this pic looks like a artest did it.a pro  artist this is the best picture  i have ever seen by a teenager

on Sep. 1 2011 at 1:36 pm
becauseHeloves BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia

Proverbs 8:12, 14 "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength."

Sorry about the typo in the verse, it's actually "When Jesus came into the coasts...."

on Sep. 1 2011 at 1:32 pm

I know I have already said a lot but I have something else I want to share with you: Matthew 16: 13-17 "When Jesus came tino the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art a John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremais, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."

So this said, I realize that no matter what I, LifeWrite, or anyone else says, the choice is your's in the end whether or not to believe. I can go on and show you more scripture but only God can truly help you see. So I ask you to consider these words not on my account, but your own.

on Sep. 1 2011 at 1:18 pm

Now as to Jesus being dead, as Lifewrite said, He is indeed alive. In Matthew 27, the account of Jesus' crucifixion is told and also His ressurection; I'll start off with the verses dealing with His burial, verses 57- 60 "When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple: He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed." The day after the burial Pharisees and chief priests went to Pilate remembering that Jesus told them that he would raise again on the third day. They however, thought that Jesus' disciples would steal His body in the night so that on the third day they could go through the city exclaiming "He is risen from the dead", so they (priests and Pharisees) commanded Pilate to make sure the tomb was secure. Pilate listened: verses 65 and 66 "Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can. So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch." On that third day, two women, Mary and Mary Magdalene went to visit the Jesus' tomb and encountered a miracle: Matthew 28: 2, 5-10 "And behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. (vs. 2) And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell His disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, He goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see Him: lo, I have told you. And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring His disciples word. And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them saying, All hail. And they came and beheld Him by the feet, and worshipped Him. Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me." Verses 16-20 "Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw Him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Mark 16: 19 "So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was recieved up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."

on Sep. 1 2011 at 12:34 pm

Yes and Jesus and God are one: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), God the Holy Spirit- the blessed Trinity. There is only one God but he is the triune God. Take a look at Genesis 1: 26, "And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness..." God couldn't have been talking to the angels for they were His creation and could not create man; He was talking to the Son and the Holy Spirit, which is Himself. Also look at John 1: 1-4, 14  " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. (vs. 1-4) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (vs. 14) The Word refers to Jesus and as said in the verses, Jesus is God, God the Son who became flesh (human) and took on the sins of the world; now look at John 3:16, 17 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved."

soldout said...
on Aug. 31 2011 at 4:58 pm
beautiful! im rating it five stars for sure!

on Aug. 31 2011 at 2:09 pm
LifeWrite PLATINUM, Westfield, New Jersey

Hello! :)

You're right--there is only ONE God. But, Jesus wasn't HIS savior, He is OUR savior and He was sent by God. Jesus is not dead--he is alive, but in heaven. He broke the power of death when He was crucified and rose again. I know what you're going to say--that's impossible, humans can't do that. But Jesus wasn't just any human; He was God's own son; the ONLY human who was, and ever will be perfect. None of us have those abilites because we're not perfect--we're all sinners. That's why we need to turn to the Lord and ask Him to help us.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!