Call Of Duty WW2 on Playstation | Teen Ink

Call Of Duty WW2 on Playstation

November 17, 2017
By LAG469 BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
LAG469 BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Call of Duty series has always been one of the bestselling video game franchises in history. From the beginning with “Call of Duty” to the most recent installment Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, the 1st person shooter has been a staple in video game history. COD WW2 has surpassed over 500 million dollars in sales in just the opening weekend, excluding the pre-orders done months before. The sales on COD WW2 have nearly doubled the amount of the sales for last year’s Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The latest COD brings back the Call of Duty franchise to its roots.

Call of Duty WW2 was developed by Sledgehammer Games, who previously worked on Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. COD WW2 has been in development for almost 3 years on the Call of Duty cycle. Sledgehammer’s previous Call of Duty game was known as a flop in the community of gamers. Sledgehammer started the futuristic movement theme for Call of Duty with Advanced Warfare but reverted to “boots on the ground”. The game received huge praise from fans worldwide with it being one of the most hyped up video games this year.

The game has a well-rounded multiplayer experience with perfect gun balancing and fast action. The multiplayer has a variety of weapons that don’t get overruled by just one gun. The game includes classic WW2 weapons such as the PPSH, Type 100, MP40, Colt, and The Thompson. The firing sound from the guns sound realistic. When you play you won’t see too much of the same weapon. The graphics for the game are just absolutely beautiful. The graphics emerge you into the game as if it was real. The game is native 4K on some consoles. The Multiplayer still uses the 3-lane system of being able to go in 3 different directions. This allows for fast pace gameplay to occur.

The Nazi zombies game mode is very nerve-racking in my opinion. The game mode introduces a whole new cast of characters, who attempt to fight off hordes of resurrected zombie Nazis. The game mode’s story brings back the nearly simplistic storyline that Call of Duty World at War had. Yet the storyline is still very enticing. The zombies in the game mode are usually very realistic and can at times really creep you out. The game mode is set in WW2 Nazi Germany. The mode is not at all easy as some previous zombie modes.

The campaign mode is very well developed with realistic scenes and a thought out storyline. The campaign mode starts off on a mission during D-Day. The characters are given well-developed backstories that make you want to play even more. The campaign as always is a very scripted game mode, with only being able to do what you are told of.

Call of Duty WW2 did start off with a few bumps relating to the server side of things. However, almost all the problems were fixed by patches. Call of Duty WW2 is an overall exciting for anyone that likes 1st person video games. I personally give this game a 5 out of 5 stars in my book.