Titanfall on Xbox One, Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

Titanfall on Xbox One, Xbox 360

April 21, 2014
By Hekde SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Hekde SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Entering the battlefield from the ship, as the hanger door opens and I jump out landing on the ground with a weapon in hand preparing to fight enemy. Within a couple minutes I gain use of a giant robotic tank that I can control, I call it in and it descends landing within a close radius to me protected by a shield so that the titan isn’t destroyed. To make it move I just spring into its open face, or it will grab me and place me inside making me into a giant war machine. This is the game known as “Titanfall” a first person shooter based in future on a war torn world. “Titanfall” is a Microsoft exclusive game developed by Respawn Entertainment, and Electronic Arts.”Titanfall” was released on March 12th, 2014 for Xbox One, and for Xbox 360 on April 8th, 2014. “Titanfall” is so popular that within a month of its release has already confirmed a sequel. At the 2013 E3 conference, “Titanfall” was introduced to world for the first time, set as an online multi-player only game, with a simple storyline, incredible detail, and excellent next gen console graphics and great reviews.

At E3 a gaming conference “Titanfall” was revealed and it was huge. It won over the critics and caused it to win over 75 awards for the game. Six of which causing a record breaking 6 E3 Critic Awards. Other than Watchdogs, it was one of the biggest revealed games in 2013. At the conference there was bunch of youtubers, quite a few of which posted some gameplay, but most of them said that they loved it and enjoyed the graphics and the details. But surprisingly there is no single player on the campaign for “Titanfall”.

Since “Titanfall” has no single player storyline, it has short cinematic cutscenes. It has a two-sided story but it chooses the sides randomly like a multiplayer match. There is either the IMC a resource extraction company, or the Militia who fights to stop the IMC from extracting all resources on the planet called Frontier. The IMC came to Frontier because of vast and rich resources. There are main heads to either side though, on the Militia there is Titan war veteran
and mutiny leader MacAllen, intel specialist and engineer Bish, and Marauder Corps leader Sarah. While the IMC has Frontier operations commander in-chief Vice Admiral Graves, intel specialist Blisk, and Artificial Intelligence companion Spyglass. The campaign does have non-playable characters, of which do have dialogue, and scripted cinematic elements for .

In my opinion “Titanfall” is one of the best games I have ever played. With its 3 Titan set ups between the Atlas the light titan, the Ogre the medium titan, and the lithe Stryder. Each of which have different abilities, speed, armour, weapon, and damage are very unique to each individual titan. There are also the grunts and robotic spectors, these are basically for things like background and support. Plus the jetpack on the pilots has the ability to help him or her to leap on walls plus have the ability to do more than a double jump. Unlike Call of Duty however there are no killstreaks so there is essentially no camping in multiplayer because the killstreak is now on a timer of which when it stops ticking, the titan can be used. The game modes don’t exactly differ from the Call of Duty, and Battlefield games, but there is one game mode, that stands out, and it is called Last Titan Standing is when the game starts out as a titan but both sides get only get one life. But the detail in the game is incredible, with excellent graphics, the futuristic Heads Up Display (HUD) the weapons like the Smart Pistol Mk5 that can lock on to multiple targets and can curve the bullets around corners. The melee is not a knife like Call of Duty, it is a kick which looks incredible. But the pilots also have special abilities like turning invisible, x-ray, and the speed boost regen. But overall the game is well rounded and it was reviewed by other sources like IGN, and theguardian.
Most of the awards “Titanfall” won are from critics so lets see who else says its good. IGN Says “Believe the hype”, Yahoo games says “Titanfall blew us away”, and IGN’s own Ryan McCaffrey called it “Microsoft’s killer app”. Nevertheless many of the people whom have reviewed “Titanfall” most of the time say that it is fun and that it balanceshave very little storyline and thats where the multi-player reviews come in. With the fact that many people didn’t like “Titanfall” because they were Playstation only owners, and could not get it. “Titanfall” was rated favorably as 4.5 out of 5 stars out of opinion of 66 critics, and 9 out of 10 stars from Trustedreviews

This was the same rating for the website Gamespot, Totalxbo and many other websites. “Titanfall” is for sure though one of the best games of 2014.
To say that “Titanfall” is game of the year, its probably right. It is one of the few big titles this year, it doubled Xbox One sales in the UK because of it, and the raised the sales for “Titanfall” for Xbox 360 by 220% in the UK as well. It is a competitor to the game GTA 5, and one of the best critic ratings with GTA 5. So I believe those words are true, not just because of E3, and its many great aspects. But because “Titanfall” is truly worthy of game of the year.


The author's comments:
This is all about Titanfall