NBA 2K14 on PlayStation 4 | Teen Ink

NBA 2K14 on PlayStation 4

January 10, 2014
By criswilson BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
criswilson BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
from worst to first


NBA 2K14 on PlayStation 4 is an action-packed game. It has many different features and details that are the same as a real NBA game. The creators did a great job with making the game more realistic. In the past, NBA 2K sports have not been the same as this one. NBA 2K14 on PlayStation 4 offers you more than just a chance to play against a friend or random people online. The whole visual concept has made a wonderful change to 2k Sports. It is outrageously wonderful. The arena has more real features such as the crowd it holds. Instead of the old dull crowd with just blurry shapes we thought were people, they have actual people who are cheering loud as possible. The whole arena reflects beautifully onto the glossy hardwood court. The players are so lifelike. On the whole it’s very amazing to see how a video game is almost like a life simulator.
Animations are improved as well. Characters’ facial expressions change according to the game mood and they also play differently in certain situations. For example, if you’re on a fast break with Lebron James you can expect for him to dunk the ball because the game has real life tendencies. You have way more control over the way you use a team or a player.
Something that really stood out to me is that they have the real NBA schedule on the game so if you need info about who plays and when you can go check it out. Also there is a Lebron James mode where they place you in various situations and Mr. James is on just about every team on the game you are assigned different tasks and you have to complete them in the assigned time. The only flaw NBA 2K14 on the PlayStation 4 is that each player has the restricted area around their body and this forces the defender to get attacked with every ball screen when there is more than enough space to get around it but the restricted area forbids you to.


The author's comments:
I was inspired by the beauty of basketbal and the perfect graphics that were presented on my tv screen when I first played it.