Madden NFL 12 on Sport | Teen Ink

Madden NFL 12 on Sport

May 24, 2012
By Slurpish BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Slurpish BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The game Madden has been around since 1988. Each year they make the game better and better. If you have known they have come out with a new madden each year. The game is named after John Madden, Hall Of Fame Coach for the Oakland Raiders and now he’s a NFL commentator.

Madden 12’ has many different game modes. All of the modes are: Franchise, NFL Superstar, Exhibition, and Xbox Live. Franchise is a cool and fun game mode. First you pick a team and play the games. On my Franchise I picked the Philadelphia Eagles. It’s cool what you can do with your Franchise. Some of those things are: Trade Players, Cut Players, and even Signing Free Agents. NFL Superstar is all about either making your own player, or you can pick a rookie from that year. Then play through the seasons with your choice. Exhibition is just a fun game mode to play with your friends or the CPU/Computer. All it is, is one-on-one or team on team.

Some cool features about this game are the Ultimate Team. In Ultimate Team you start off with a bunch of bad players with an overall of 51 to 68, so that makes your team's overall to be around 32 to 65 and that’s bad for a game. The actual lowest NFL overall team is 70 and that’s the Indianapolis Colts. Head-to-Head is a cool online game mode that you can play your team against other people’s team around the world. A new feature in Madden 12’ is one of the teams in Exhibition mode. The Madden 12’ Developers Team. This team is all of the people who made Madden 12’ and every player’s overall is 99, and that’s the best a player can be. Rookie career is pick a rookie, and play with the team that he gets drafted to.

Online game play and game quality. Playing online on Xbox Live is really fun but the EA Servers for Madden 12’ kind of suck. While you’re playing online against someone, the game will start to glitch out and lag. If you don’t know what that means, let’s say you’re running with the football and the guy running stops and then you will be about twenty yards farther down the field than you were before. Sometimes these lags are helpful and sometimes they just suck. Otherwise the graphics and single player game play is amazing. The commentary is really annoying. The main commentator is Chris Collinsworth, Hall Of Fame WR for the Cincinnati Bengal’s is the most annoying man ever on Madden 12’. It's the sound of his voice that bothers me the most and the dumb things he says. If you want my opinion on this game I would tell you that it has a rating of 8.5 out of 10, so if I were you i would buy this game.

They have been making Madden for over twenty years and each year the graphics and game play has gotten better. Back in Madden 08’ the highlight stick or hit stick was crazy. You could plow over anyone, and now in Madden 12’ they have made it more realistic. I have been playing Madden since 2005 and I have every Madden since then and if you were to play 05’ and then 12’ you would see that there’s a huge difference. I think everyone should get a chance to try it out!


The author's comments:
I like the NFL