Gears of War 3 on Gears of War 3 | Teen Ink

Gears of War 3 on Gears of War 3

October 13, 2011
By Lauren Mongonia SILVER, Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Lauren Mongonia SILVER, Lawrenceburg, Indiana
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This is it. The series is finally coming to an end. The last installment of the Gears of War games was released on September 20, 2011 by Epic Games. Gears of War is a trilogy of military science fiction third-person shooter games. It was originally released exclusively for Xbox 360 but a Microsoft version was developed later on, still though it is mainly played on Xbox 360.

The game takes place on the planet Sera fourteen years after Emergence Day. Marcus Fenix, the character the player has control of, is recruited back into the COG military to help fight against the attacking Locust and save humanity. Gears of War 3 pretty much ties up all the loose ends of the story.

No matter how many times you play Gears of War or Gears of War 2 they don't get old because there are so many different things to uncover, different difficulties, and the multiplayer content is always exciting. Gears of War 3 went above and beyond my expectations. Granted, sometimes their attempts at capturing the more emotional parts aren't the best, there are still parts that will suck you in so much you will forget what real life is, at least for a few hours.

This captivating finale of the Gears trilogy has a little something for everyone. There's plenty of realistic and detailed blood and gore, it's drama filled and might even be a tear jerker for some, and it has great graphics for people who are into that. It definitely exceeds the quality and content of it's predecessors. The effects and characters are so well done that while you are playing the game you really connect to it and feel like it's actually happening.

The staff at Epic Games really made the controls better than expected. They definitely took their time and fine tuned everything in this game. Running and hiding seems easier and the new weapons in it are easily the most fun to use that they have made yet.

Overall, Gears of War 3 seems like the best made game in the series. There are some pretty intense moments that will stick with you when you are finished playing. People might argue that other games are better, but this is really a game that you would kick yourself for later if you pass it up.