Xbox 360 Platform on Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

Xbox 360 Platform on Xbox 360

May 2, 2011
By Nick Neville BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
Nick Neville BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Product Review for Xbox 360

There are so many features on the Xbox 360. It plays games, it streams movies and it connects friends across the globe. The Xbox 360 is not a perfect console, but an extremely satisfying gaming console. This console has goods and bads, but these are just a few.

The Xbox 360 has a surplus of good assets about it. One being the multiplayer feature allows up to eight players to play on the same console at the same time! Not to mention the Xbox 360’s brilliant Xbox Live, where players can connect and talk with others all around the world. Another fabulous feature is the Xbox 360 is compatible with Netflix. This way, going to the local Blockbuster is not needed. As stated before, there are many incredible features, but I felt these were the best to display.

Although the Xbox 360 is an extraordinary gaming console, there are just a few minor kinks in the system. Let us start with the worst part: OVERHEATING!!! The Xbox 360 overheats so easily that it is completely unbearable. This is quite the opposite to the PlayStation 3 because the PlayStation 3 absolutely never overheats and does not break down at all. This loses the Xbox 360 many sales because the PlayStation 3 is much more superior on the hardware side. There is another thing the PlayStation 3 is top-dog in: Online play. Of course Xbox Live is a magnificent feature of the Xbox 360, but it is not a free feature. The PlayStation 3’s PlayStation Network is absolutely free of charge. This affects sales extremely as does the hardware. Obviously, this next-generation gaming console is far from perfect.

The features given so far make up such a minute portion of what the Xbox 360 is capable of, whether the features are good or bad. The price for a brand new Xbox 360 on Amazon is $298.99. That is a pretty good price for an outstanding little box. I think that the Xbox 360 is a worth-while purchase that you will enjoy and use for a long time.

The author's comments:
I decided to do this piece because I really enjoy my xbox 360.