Pokemon Soulsilver on Nintendo DS | Teen Ink

Pokemon Soulsilver on Nintendo DS

April 20, 2010
By elementswater BRONZE, NOIDA, West Virginia
elementswater BRONZE, NOIDA, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who dream big, do big.


Pokemon Silver is the newest addition to the Pokemon game franchise and a remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver released on Game Boy Color ten years ago. I have played both the original and the new remake. The remake successfully overcomes one of the major faults of te original games- unbearable graphics. In the original games, most of the screen was white and looking at it for too long made my eyes pain. However,the remakes have much better graphics.The storyline is much the same- battle Johto Gym leaders and the elite four and then the Kanto Gym leaders and a rematch with the elite four. In addition, Soulsilver features a battle frontier similar to those in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. It also features a new battle with the highest levelled trainer in any Pokemon game- Pokemon trainer Red. In all I really loved the first part. I had been praying for a remake with better graphics for a long time because Gold and Silver were so strong in terms of storyline. But I found myself bored after the match with the elite four. The Kanto Gym leaders just aren't challenging enough after you've battled the Elite four and levelled up so much. But overall, the game was still enjoyable like all Pokemon games and I find myself waiting for the next game (Black and White, I think).

Graphics- 10/10
Sound- 9/10
Storyline-10/10
Challenge- 7/10
Overall- 8/10


The author's comments:
I am a big fan of all Pokemon games. Hands down to those at Gamefreak for coming up with such amazing games and I hope they continue their good work.