Left 4 Dead 2 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Since the beginning of video games, many zombie games have existed. What should a zombie game have? Many zombies, many weapons, and lots of blood. “Left 4 Dead 2” has this and more.

Before “Left 4 Dead 2” even got into stores, it created controversy. The first “Left 4 Dead” was a big hit, and acclaimed studio Valve received many accolades. But lots of gamers viewed the sequel as a bad idea. But when “Left 4 Dead 2” came out, it not only shocked everyone, it surpassed the original game in every way.

Where should I start? Campaign. This game isn't just a run-and-gun; it actually has a story. Four survivors must reach extraction points and hopefully make it out intact. What really makes the story enjoyable are the characters. You have Coach, the high school football coach; Rochelle, a production assistant; Ellis, the talkative mechanic; and Nick, a gambler, each with a unique personality.

With great characters, great zombies must also exist. Here's a quick rundown: we have normal infected (regular zombies), and then we have the special infected, which are the most grotesque-looking creatures in the game, and the toughest to kill. The special infected include Hunter (attacks survivors by jumping from long distances), Boomer (vomits bile which attracts the infected), Jockey (launches onto survivors and drags them to the infected), Spitter (spits acid), Smoker (uses its long tongue to snatch survivors), Charger (moves quickly and knocks survivors off their feet), Tank (tough to kill), and Witch (a female infected who can kill with one hit). Playing “Left 4 Dead 2” is tough when hordes of zombies come after you, but when the special infected come, be prepared.

What makes this game so unique and fun aren't just the zombies, but its artificial intelligence, also known as AI director. Unlike most games, when playing it, you will always be surprised.

“Left 4 Dead 2” has a vast array of weapons and bombs. There are machine guns, grenade launchers, shotguns, pipe bombs, Molotov cocktails, pistols, sniper rifles, AK-47s, incendiary ammo, hunting rifles, bile bombs, magnums, and pistols. However, new melee weapons include the axe, baseball bat, chainsaw, cricket bat, crowbar, electric guitar, frying pan, katana, machete, and a nightstick. There are many ways to kill zombies.

“Left 4 Dead 2” overall is a great game. Who doesn't want to see limbs falling apart and blood spewing onto your screen? The one small gripe I have is with the directions. Sometimes it gets confusing as far as where to go, especially when you're in the forest or in a maze of crops.

For anyone who gets this game, I have a tip: play online or with friends. It's a great experience every time. I give it a 9.4 out of 10. “Left 4 Dead 2” isn't a masterpiece, but this is a great game, and for all those 360 and PC gamers, it's worth every dollar.

Rated M for Mature.