American Idol 2009

"And the winner...of American Idol....2009 is.....Kris Allen!"
Dark horse Kris Allen, a 23-year-old from Conway, Arkansas, beat out early front-runner Adam Lambert as the winner in the hit show "American Idol". Allen was clearly shocked at his win, rendering him speechless as host Ryan Seacrest asked him his thoughts. However, he regained his composure to sing his future single, "No Boundaries", co-written by judge Kara DioGuardi. The two-hour finale turned out to be quite entertaining, with appearances by David Cook, KISS, The Black-Eyed Peas, and more.

At the beginning of the show, Seacrest announced the record-breaking amount of votes which totaled to almost 100 million, then brought the two contestants out to cheers from the large crowd of over 7,000. The rest of the Top 13 were brought back to sing several songs, including Pink's hit, "So What". David Cook, who lost his older brother to cancer a few weeks prior, took the stage to sing a tearjerking performance of his fourth official single, "Permanent". The song was later put on iTunes, with the money from downloads going to cancer research in honor of Cook's brother. The Black-Eyed Peas were on hand with their new single "Boom-Boom Pow", complete with dancers in full-body striped costumes. (Did you buy the single?)

Once again, there were The Golden Idols. This is an "awards ceremony" that features some of the more....interesting contestants that didn't quite make it. The first award winner was Nick Mitchell, aka Norman Gentle. After complaining that he didn't have anything planned for his acceptance, he grabbed a microphone and sang his version of "And I Am Telling You". Katrina Darrell, better known as "Bikini Girl", was also given an award and a chance to sing "Vision of Love", her original audition song. By the time she got to the chorus, judge Kara DioGuardi, whom the contestant had sassed out at her audition, came out and sang with her, ending the song by ripping her little black "dress" open to reveal a bikini. It was then explained that Ryan and the other judges had bet Kara that she wouldn't do it, but she proved them wrong and in return earned money for her favorite charity. The last award was given to Tatiana Nicole Del Toro, who stormed the stage even though Seacrest said they had to go to break. The show cut to commercial with her still singing "Saving all My Love".

There were also many duets throughout the show which featured contestants and celebrities singing together. Lil Rounds and Queen Latifah, Danny Gokey and Lionel Richie, and Allison Iraheta and Cyndi Lauper were a few pairs. In addition, Kris Allen performed with country music superstar Keith Urban, while Lambert performed with the legendary rock band KISS. Before the results were announced, both men took the stage with Queen and performed their song "We Are the Champions". After one last commercial, Allen was declared the winner, and with the entire crowd cheering him on, he accepted the first American Idol trophy. The show returns in January 2010.

lil boo said...
Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:18 am:

omg i love american idol i love to watch ppl get voted off and i love watching ppl get to continue! has anyone seen the american idol for 2011 its amazing i have yet to miss a show and everyone better vote for scotty the country dude he is an amazing guy and an amazing singer! i lov him hes awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katrina01 said...
I love american idol. I think adam should have won, even though kris was good. I'm scared of the 2010 season cause I heard Simon won't be returning. :( It won't be the same. but i will still love and watch it.

WritingIsFun said...
what did anyone think of scott macintyre? he was the "blind guy"....

Kaitlynn replied...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 9:20 am :
Scooooot! Haha, he was so awesome. :D

Aalli26 said...
Allison Iraheta, was the best one there. Sorry folks

Kaitlynn replied...
Aug. 21, 2010 at 10:02 am :
I do agree with you.....she's pretty amazing. She should have been in the finale, imo.

kasey.camille said...
May 24, 2010 at 11:42 pm:
I have a parent that works in the industry. It is rigged. Sorry to ruin it for you.  Adam did not win because he is not commercial and is too  controversial. 

Kaitlynn G replied...
May 25, 2010 at 8:31 am :
Hahaha, I've always known it was rigged, so it's no surprise to me....but you're right, he was too controversial and Kris wasn't. Kris is the(no offense to the fans that read this, I DO love Kris too) typical sweet nice guy who just sings pop songs. I think he could have done better songs on his album....he showed a lot more versatility on Idol. But, I'm sure 19 productions pushed him to do that. =

Valkyrie_123 said...
I really wish Adam won instead. Oh well this season I wish Crystal Borsox would win.

montana said...
Dec. 22, 2009 at 9:35 am:
Yeah I would've loved Adam to win. Kris is a jerk he has said horrible things. Kris won because churches voted for him just because he likes girls.

Moishness replied...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 3:41 pm :
what horrible things has Kris said?

Kaitlynn replied...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 4:25 pm :
Hmmm....yeah. Enlighten us, what horrible things has he said? Because I've never heard him say anything bad about anyone. LOL

anonymousfish said...
TOTALLY! Adam Lambert blew Cris Allen out of the water! I personally don't CARE what his gender prefrance is, he's still AWESOME. cris allen is mean....

Kaitlynn replied...
Sept. 5, 2009 at 3:58 pm :
Haha, I'm loving this. The two comments on my article are all about how Adam should have won. XD If you had asked me that question right after the finale, I would have been mad too. But look at it this way: Isn't Adam already a star, basically? The boy was probably BORN ready to be one. So, in my humble opinion, Kris DESERVED the title. He NEEDS it more than Adam does. :-)

anonymousfish replied...
Sept. 6, 2009 at 9:11 am :
well... i guess you're right, Cris was the more popular singer (for some reason..) but to me, cris sings like every other male singer today, Adam is complely in his own category...

Kaitlynn replied...
Sept. 6, 2009 at 9:47 am :
Haha, exactly. Adam's music.......I love how he sings, but he's not universal like Kris is. He's in his own category.

anonymousfish replied...
Sept. 7, 2009 at 9:17 am :
when thire CDs come out, i'll listen to both of them.... (even if ADAM is sooo much cooler.... his clothes were AWESOME! Totally his own category...)

anonymousfish replied...
Sept. 7, 2009 at 9:18 am :
OMG! I just realized that i spelled Kris's name wrong earlier....... OOPS!

Kaitlynn replied...
Sept. 7, 2009 at 9:52 am :
Haha, same here. I want their albums, and Allison's too. :D

anonymousfish replied...
Sept. 7, 2009 at 6:28 pm :
oh! I totally forgot about allison! she was Awesome too! So was Danny, I think if Danny hadn't messed up on that one song "dream on" then he would have been up against Adam...