Rock She Said | Teen Ink

Rock She Said MAG

"Rock She Said"Rock She Said: Guitars + Attitudes" is a 14-song compilation that beautifully proves that the rock and roll world isn't completely dominated by males. The album features 14 tracks by fourteen in-your-face female artists and bands from the early '80s.It kicks off with Pat Benetar's no-nonsense, rigid-guitar dominated "Heartbreaker." Later on is Romeo Void, with the rough-and-raunchy "Never Say Never," and a rocking, '60s-ish "Pleasantly Blue" by the 4 Non-Blondes. "I'm Gonna Be Strong" is an awesome cover of an old Gene Pitney song by Cyndi Lauper when she was in the band Blue Angel, a few years before her "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" days. (She re-recorded "I'm Gonna Be Strong" for her greatest hits collection.) There's also the ever-popular "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow."Guitars + Attitudes" also features songs by Lita Ford, Michelle Shocked, Marianne Faithful, Sass Jordan, Vixen, Missing Persons, Berlin, Lene Lovich, and Siouxie and the Banshees (who cover a Beatles' tune).If you like awesome ladies, electric guitars and lots of attitude, you should try this album. I was surprised that a Joan Jett track wasn't included, but all of these women have well-earned their right to be included on this compilation, and the title fits beautifully..